Converting to maildir (urgent problem)

teedee

Verified User
Hi,

I just transferred an account using DA backup from a server running mbox to a server running dovecot. Now the mails for that account don't work at all.

I have tried the conversion tool at http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=109
but when trying to convert get error

Fatal: Source is not an mbox file or a directory!

Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

Thanks in advance.

The DA knowledgebase has some information for converting a single mailbox; search the knowledgebase (available on the DA website support page) for dovecot.

Jeff

I know, specifically the link I posted above which is not working, hence the error

About to lose clients because of this, can anyone help?

Note that I do NOT recommend this, and I do NOT support it, and it may totally break your box...

but that said, you may be able to run the conversion over again; it should only convert the mailboxes that need to be converted.

Try it on a test system first.

Or to be safer, create a testbed running mbox, move all the accounts to it, convert the system to Maildir/Dovecot, then move the accounts to your other server.

Jeff

Hi,

I have tried before to run the conversion again on an old server and unfortunately it didn't work.

the testbed idea would work, if I had one which I don't.
Anyone want to lend me one for a day? :)

Running the conversion again has worked for me, though as I said, I don't support it for anyone else.

I can loan you a testbed but I don't currently have one available for DA/mbox. I need to build one but frankly, it'll probably be Monday before it's available. You may certainly ask me then if you still need one; send an email on Monday; I see them more promptly than either PMs or posts.

(My email address is below, in my siglines.)

Jeff

thanks for the offer but I need to get this done in the next 24 hours, I think the best way might be to get a VPS for a month.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you. We're currently testing Maildir implmentations on two running testbed servers and I don't have any more IP#s available at home today :( .

Jeff

Back