Discussion about CustomBuild

To be honest i dont know what he set it to, Is there a way to find out, I take it if its a php5 script it just wont work yeah? lol

Code:
cat /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf | grep default_php

ok, thanks, default is php4
So i take it we have to add 5 to the extensions?

Last edited:
so ....
6. How do I include this script by default with the DirectAdmin install?
Type the following before running the setup.sh:
Code:

touch /root/.custombuild

where I should download the custombuild, to the same location as it was before?, /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild (after extract).

Should I run the
./build update_data
./build all d

and then the ./setup.sh ???

or once I download the custombuild, should I just run the ./setup.sh ?

grrrr :confused:

You don't need to do anything before the install, just:
Code:
touch /root/.custombuild

so the ./setup.sh script after the command is entered..just knows what to do.... at what point do I choose what to install... like apache2.2 and php5 ?

You can not set that :) But John is implementing that function. For now it will just compile apache 2.2 and php5.

you might add to the FAQ that when you install DA for a first time and you are adding custombuild by default to run with ./setup.sh you might have to run the commands after installation:

cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build rewrite_confs

Cause I freaked out :) And if you(smtalk) did not tell me I would spend weeks :) trying to figure that out :p:D

yeah but ..... hmmm I did not mess with my configs... that is kind of weird....

Just my tuppence but:

I have just completed the install and this is how it all went...

First of all the actual install process (not the down loading of the needed files etc) took little under an hour and thats on a Xeon 5130 (dual core) machine. I know theres a lot to complete but I wasnt expecting it to be that long, not that this is a problem I just thought it would be a good idea to warn those who try this.

Lastly, I run Dovecot on my system and there appears to be an error with all mail. When checking the /var/log/mail.err file it specifies:

error while loading shared libraries: libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

I should also mention that I found this thread: http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19628

and unfortunately this did not help. Apache doesnt seem to find this a problem and loads flawlessly.

if any one has any suggestions they would be massively appreciated as I need to get this service back online as soon as possible!

Apart from this the process has gone very smoothly and seems to work excellently!

[EDIT - extra information]

Last edited:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/libiconv-1.11/lib/.libs/libiconv.so.2
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/libiconv-1.11/lib/.libs/libiconv.so.2.4.0
/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2
/usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2.4.0

does this help?

Try

Code:
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2 /usr/lib/libiconv.so.2

Grant

Have a little error =/