SpamBlocker2.1.1 released

This is a SpamAssassin issue, not a SpamBlocker issue. SpamBlocker does send the email through SpamAssassin.

There may be a problem in how SpamAssassin is implemented, as this is being reported a bit recently.

John, any ideas?

Jeff

Hello,

Yeah, I'm putting my money on the From tags being set to <> so that the filters are ignored on the line:

if error_message then finish endif

in /etc/virtual/domain.com/filter

There is a thread on it here:
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26264&highlight=error_message

The solution at the moment is to remove that line from the filter file.

If you want to remove it globally, edit:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/filter_base

and remove the line.

John

SpamAssassin is not processing spoofed mail, only legitimate mail, thus spoofed mail sails right through while legitimate mail gets scanned, even when the sender and recipient are the same in both cases.
- How does that happen?
- What can I do to prevent it?

Thanks!

Wait a minute you said SpamAssassin. I am thinking SpamBlocker since this is the SpamBlocker thread. You should probably start a new thread so as to avoid confusion. Sorry I know hardly anything about SpamAssassin.

I was thinking that this would be the correct place because SpamBlocker is the name of the version of the exim.conf that DA supplies....I think??? :confused: It seems to say that in the exim.conf as I recall. From the look of it, SpamBlocker/exim .conf decides what gets passed to SpamAssassin, and since SpamAssassin never sees it, I THINK this is the place to post this. I could be wrong of course. :D

SpamBlocker uses RBL's to block spam. Whatever passes those blocks moves on to the next step which may or may not be SpamAssassin depending on how you have exim.conf configured.

AFAIK the SpamBlocker portion of exim.conf is not going to tell a piece of mail to bypass SpamAssasin and send others to be processed by SpamAssassin.

Perhaps you are right. I'm sure Jeff maintains this file, but maybe not that part of it. I'll see if there is a better place to post this.

Edit: Oops! I see that Jeff just popped in. We'll see what he has to say.

Not to mention that this thread is almost 2 years old since the last post and version 2.1.1 is not even supported any more.

Not to mention that this thread is almost 2 years old since the last post and version 2.1.1 is not even supported any more.
I initially planned writing my own, but I only seen the ones organized by version. I read them all, and 2 is the latest one released according to the thread starter and 2.x is the latest one that comes with the DA install and when I set the options.conf to overwrite it with a new one.

I do see another thread where someone else is having the same problem that I didn't notice before. I think I'll look through that one. Jeff can delete my post if he wants to.

Exactly. Perhaps unfortunately, but I've had to move on.

I still don't know what you mean by spoofed email.

Jeff

If it were me, I'd wait a week; I'm trying to release the final Version 3 within a week.

Jeff

Yes. It's in testing and I'm busy cleaning it up for final release.

Jeff

Back