Squirrel Mail / Imap Problem

DPCharles

Hi,

Thanks for this custombuild, and I tested and now running php4 and php5 with suphp at the same time. The only problem that I can't find an answer is we can't login on squirrelmail, but we can login with uebimiau. Here is the error I'm getting after logging in:

Bad request: The IMAP server is reporting that plain text logins are disabled. Using CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5 authentication instead may work. Also, the use of TLS may allow SquirrelMail to login. Please contact your system administrator and report this error.

btw, I already added IMAP support on both php4 and php5 with suphp.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Charles

You're welcome. As it says, plaintext authentication is disabled. Enable that on your IMAP server or set "$imap_auth_mech = 'cram-md5';" in SquirrelMail configuration file - /var/www/html/squirrelmail/config/config.php.

After the update of squirrelmail (which got auto-done on first install of custombuild) I log into squirrelmail, and see these folders:

Code:
  INBOX
  INBOX.Drafts
  INBOX.Sent
  INBOX.Trash
[COLOR="Red"]    Drafts
    Sent
    spam
    Trash[/COLOR]

You're welcome. As it says, plaintext authentication is disabled. Enable that on your IMAP server or set "$imap_auth_mech = 'cram-md5';" in SquirrelMail configuration file - /var/www/html/squirrelmail/config/config.php.
Hello, where do y enable the plain text login in the imap server?
Tks

Problem with dovecot and squirrelmail

Hello, i have configured by running squirrelmail-configure command and i changed authentication to cram-md5
but it still gives error "Bad request: IMAP server does not appear to support the authentication method selected. Please contact your system administrator."
but when i change that to "login" it is working. Basically cram-md5 is not working. So can u help me how can i configure this properly?

Back