IP being blocked at spamCop

hostingicon

Hi Guys,
I have a DA mailserver based on Exim(which runs almost a 1500 mailusers). Recently I have been running into trouble, where my mailserver IP has been blacklisted at Spamcop (spamcop.net) for almost 5 times in 10 days. I am unable to trace the issue or neither does spamcop provide any evidence. Can I request you to kindly let me know if there is anyway I can try to catch the spammer.

If spamcop is reporting you there's probably some evidence on your server. First I'd look at the exim mailqueue. There's probably a lot of outgoing mail which for some reason is stuck on the queue. So check the outgoing queue looking for a lot of undeliverable email.

Also check the var/log/exim/mainlog file to see lots of email coming from the same user.

Jeff

You can try contacting your upstream to see if they have any information regarding this. I manage the abuse on STN and if I ever receive abuse emails regarding spam they're from spamcop. They contain the headers of the email and also the content so adding headers with the senders IP address, etc will help you trace down the spammer.

Back