broken skin

tsiou

Verified User
Hi,
after updating to php 5.2.3 and newest version of Zend my DA panel view seems broken. I 've read in a post that new Zend doesnt work with da's enchanced skin.
I disabled Zend but the problem still remains.
The exact problem is that the last links of the main page under Apache Handlers and Site Redirection seems like ?????????????? and as you can see in the image a very long ????????? appears
in the right column, so to see the disk space, bandwidh etc you have to use the scroll bar for like a table with 3-4000 pixels width.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DA-broken.JPG
    DA-broken.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 360
Hi,

I've seen quite a few servers lately with this type of problem--where any bit of PHP code in a skin seems to be completely ignored.

Many DirectAdmin skins (including the enhanced and power_user skins) use PHP to display links to plugins. The best remedy I've been able to suggest to clients is manually editing any PHP-using skins with a link to Installatron, or I can ask clients to switch to the default skin which doesn't use PHP. Neither of these are acceptable solutions.

As a side note, when this issue is present, PHP may also not work directly inside plugin index.html files. Installatron doesn't use PHP directly in any of its plugin index.html files; we use bash to invoke php itself inside the index.html files.

The problem itself seems to stem from PHP versions around 5.2.3, however I can't pinpoint it to a specific version or configuration. I've directed a few clients with this issue to DirectAdmin support already, so hopefully they have a better idea than I of what is going on. :)

If anyone works out a fix to this, please throw a reply here. I'd love to close these tickets. :)

Cheers!

Phil

Followup for one machine that did not show any links, the php.ini was broken.
Running:
Code:
/usr/local/bin/php
just returned to the prompt and did not accept any input. The solution was to copy the php.ini-dist from the php source directory overtop of /usr/local/lib/php.ini. This may or may not apply to this case, but worked for the one I was working on.

John

Followup for one machine that did not show any links, the php.ini was broken.
Running:
Code:
/usr/local/bin/php
just returned to the prompt and did not accept any input. The solution was to copy the php.ini-dist from the php source directory overtop of /usr/local/lib/php.ini. This may or may not apply to this case, but worked for the one I was working on.

John

That would be my machine :)

The issue was Zend 3.3.0 does not play nice with PHP 4.4.7 in regards to the power and enhanced skins. I commented out Zend from php.ini and it started working. I downgraded to 3.2.8 for the time being.

Edit: Looks like I'm not the only one: http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108198&postcount=407

Last edited:
Yeah, that fix seems to work. I think it solved all the instances of this problem.

Cheers, Phil

Did you restart apache?

If it still doesn't work after that your problem is something else.

Jeff

I did, apache and directadmin...
here is my phpinfo() if it helps...

Attachments

• phpinfo.txt
    24 KB · Views: 429
Will be there any fix for the above problem?
so far DA updates didnt solve the problem and customers
complain about it..
regards,
tsiou

Make sure zend is really disabled.

If that doesn't help, Contact DirectAdmin Support.

Jeff

As do I. For the record, I only delete non-spam posts/threads when the original poster requests that I do so. Perhaps I shouldn't? Most posters know how to delete their own posts, and when I find posts marked as deleted I generally do permanently delete them to keep the database as trim and efficient as possible. Perhaps I shouldn't?

Jeff

Hi again, got the same problem after updating to php 5.3.3

The solution before was to comment the mbstring.so from php extensions file (i think that multibyte was included in php back then).

I cant now comment out the mbstring as i need it (if i comment it out i get ???? instead of greek characters in my sites).

I set all the charset/encoding variables to utf-8 in php.ini but nothing changes.

Anybody with the same problem, or with any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Back