Can DA be used to update server software?

cyPHunk

Verified User
Hi Everybody.

This might be a stupid question, but I have got to ask otherwise I will never know.

Can DirectAdmin be used to update things like:

* Apache
* DoveCot
* Exim
* Spam Assassin
* etc...

Is there some sort of DA script that can be run to do this?
Or if there is an option under the Admin Level, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

Many packages are updated by your OS distribution; for example with CentOS and Fedora you can use yum, with RedHat you can use up2date, and with Debian based systems you can use apt-get. Search these forums for the yum exclude settings, which can also be used (though specified differently) for apt-get and up2date.

DirectAdmin currently uses customapache to update what I call the hosting stack. Dovecot can also be updated using customapache. You can find more information in the DirectAdmin knowledgebase, here.

CustomApache can also be used to update Dovecot; search these forums for more information.

Exim, SpamAssassin, and a few other packages included in DirectAdmin should be updated manually; again, search these forums.

In the near future DirectAdmin will no doubt switch from the customapache project to the new custombuild project, now at the end of beta-testing, and used by many of us. You canlook for information on custombuild, which updates more than just the hosting stack, in these forums. Even with custombuild, you'll still have to use your OS Distribution's package manager.

Jeff

Back