Setup email accounts on parked domains?

ljweb

Verified User
It doesnt appear possible to setup email accounts or forwarders for domains parked within an account. You have to un park/point it and set it up as another domain and do it that way, but then you have to setup a redirect for the new domain to point back to the main site which isnt the best thing for SEO purposes. Will this be a future addition to DA, or does it already exist and i just cant find it? :confused:

Last edited:
Does DirectAdmin have a way to park domains? If so, what is it and where are you finding it?

Or by parking, do you mean you've created an alias or a redirect? If you use an Alias you can have webmaster@ (for example) and it will appear to work for each domain.

What else are you looking for? A complete parking system? DA doesn't include a parking system.

Jeff

Ok i meant domain pointing, the thing that appears under advanced features.. isnt that the same as parking? :confused:

If i add a domain pointer i cant go to email accounts and setup a new POP account or forwarder at that pointed domain, it has to be setup under domains for that to work.

If you check Create as an Alias then any email address at the target domain will also work for the domain you've just created as an alias.

That's as close as DirectAdmin gets to parking, and it doesn't give you the option of having duplicate email addresses (for example <webmaster@> for each parked domain, but you can have for example: [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected], all pointed to parked.example.com.

Of course to get his email, [email protected] will have to log in as [email protected].

Will this work for you?

Jeff

oh ok, i did not know about that. Perhaps some more info is needed within DA to explain that..

Back