Backup hell!

demz

Verified User
Hello,

This weekend was the worse weekend of my hostinglive.
One of my servers got ****ed by some .br kiddo's through apache/php script vuln.

Well as alot of you, i use an whole sysbackup under admin because i added all the users under admin; every night! Just to make sure, "you never know.."

Now i reinstalled the server and wanted to place the backups back manually (no other way) ... well this is well said: HELL! (tried it 8 times, yes, 8 times reinstall and restore from scratch) just did not succeed.. errors all the way..
Maybe its just me but i think it just sucks an hardtime.

While reading the forum for an hunderd times for restore i saw that making users under an reseller account is much better for backups... cause of the auto restore..

Well my question: whats gets backuped when i use: manage user backups under reseller level? is that everything including: homedirs, sqltables, mail, all options the user has given in the control panel or what excatly, i cant find the description of it?

Thank you..

PS. (already an advice for people who trust there knowledge)
If manage user backups under reseller level does everything of above: USE THAT and not an whole sysbackup it really is an hell :eek: :D

I found the bug at one of my customers!

For the people who host game website's or games:

Check for VWAR installations: vwar/convert/mvcw_conver.php?step=1&vwar_root=http://

In the attachements you will find some things that could screw upyour system... more to come...

Attachments

• pitbullbot.txt
    47 KB · Views: 2,236
  • rootkit.txt
    44.9 KB · Views: 228
  • russianshit.txt
    103.6 KB · Views: 660
  • SPACE.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 222
Both the sysbk backups and the reseller level backups show what will be backed up and give you a chance to amend the list. So I'm not sure what you mean.

Jeff

Back