Update 1.30.2 to 1.31.0 fails

freeman

Verified User
Strange thing, if i hit the "Update DirectAdmin" button it starts updating, i receive message in mij Message System that everything worked out fine and i have the latest version. If i check this by going to the Licensing / Updates page it says it's still version 1.30.2. Never had trouble updating before. Tried it again and same thing happened.

Anyone?!

We let the guninea pigs test updates as soon as they are released then review all the problems posted. That way, you dont take a production server down if the update fails or people are experiencing all kinds of bugs. We dont upgrade for 3 or more weeks after its released. That usually gives you a good idea of how stable the product is and whether you should upgrade or not.

We let the guninea pigs test updates as soon as they are released then review all the problems posted. That way, you dont take a production server down if the update fails or people are experiencing all kinds of bugs. We dont upgrade for 3 or more weeks after its released. That usually gives you a good idea of how stable the product is and whether you should upgrade or not.

Alltough i appriciate your reply it's not very helpfull. I wanted to install this update for the added features which i think would save me loads of time. I know it's safer to wait untill other people test the release but if everybody thinks like that there will be no-one to test it.

Hi there,

I had a simular experience. On our testserver (running custombuild php5) it went flawless. The productionserver (original php4) however, won't update. Everything seems to be working ok. I couldn't find anything in the logs.

Anyone?

** update: It seems a FC3 is the problem. see http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21474 for more info.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I had a simular experience. On our testserver (running custombuild php5) it went flawless. The productionserver (original php4) however, won't update. Everything seems to be working ok. I couldn't find anything in the logs.

Anyone?

** update: It seems a FC3 is the problem. see http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21474 for more info.

It seems that your right. Thank you. I will wait for DirectAdmin to fix the problem and then try again.

Just want to add a note here, I upgraded my DirectAdmin yesterday on a CentOS 4.5 box. Everything went fine :)

That seems about right, for as only FC3 updates are experiencing problems:

Hello,

You're using Fedora 3.
Unfortunately, our Fedora 3 build system had it's power supply blow out while we were compiling the release.
It was mentioned in the mailing list announcement, but we have to build a new box before we can release the Fedora 3 version of the update.
You *could* try the fedora 4 binaries.. they *may* work with fedora 3, but we can't really be sure if they will or not.
Let me know if you'd like try them (you can always go back to the old fedora 3 binaries too). Else you'd need to wait until the fc3 box is fixed.

Thank you,

John

All my FC3 boxes are production envioroment sorry.. what is the solution wait weeks ??

So whats happening with this?? I have several FC3 boxes that i cannot update. :confused:

Back