New search boxes not working

cyberneticos

Verified User
Hi Team,

First off, want to congratulate you on all the hard work.

The new search box (user) - (domain) gives no results for either user and domain searches.

Let me know what you need from me to troubleshoot.

I think this thread is not in the right section.

P.S. Thank you for the report.

Yep,

Incomplete user name search and domain search are not working.

Only complete username and domain name search is working.

I think I've figured it out...

I think you're supposed to use it this way:

Put any part of the domain into the box and click.

Then you'll go directly to the complete search page; most of the time you can simply click again, but you may want to change what you're looking for.

My thoughts, anyway.

Jeff

I have to disagree, becuase there is no user search on the next page.

I think someone forgot to place the wildcards (%) after and before the searched for variable.

Hello,

To test it out, can you paste the resulting URL from your location bar after you've done the search? We need to see what is/isn't being assembled by the form upon the intial send. It's all done via "GET" so it will be in your location bar.

Then, test the same search for "contains" using the "Advanced Search" tool, and compare the resulting URL.

John

User search:

searched for user that contains 'uel'
http://xxxxxxxxxxx.com:2222/CMD_ALL...son8=contains&value1=uel&value8=ant&value=uel
got no results, should be one.

searched for user 'cyb'
http://xxxxxxxxx.com:2222/CMD_ALL_U...son8=contains&value1=cyb&value8=alb&value=cyb
got no results, should be one.

It actually worked a few times. But not these two. After fooling around with it,. I've noticed that when I use the back button and search for a user and previously I searched for a domain, the domain I searched for remaings in the GET string, which might be trying to find a user that contains xxx BUT with domain zzzz (previously searched domain) and that's why I get no matches.

Cheers

----------Edit:

Yep. That's what it is :

http://xxxxxxxxx.com:2222/CMD_ALL_U...arison8=contains&value1=cyb&value8=&value=cyb
That worked, and gave me the correct result and the domain trace is not in the GET statement.

So I guess a solution would to clear the get if we use the back button or something.

Cheers

Last edited:
Ok, that could make sense, if the browser is storing the data when clicking "back".

Try changing the following.
Edit:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/enhanced/admin/content_main.html

change
Code:
                        if (type == 'user')
                                value1.value=value.value
                        else
                                value8.value=value.value
to:
Code:
                        if (type == 'user') {
                                value1.value=value.value
                                value8.value='';
                        }
                        else {
                                value8.value=value.value
                                value1.value='';
                        }
let me know if that fixes it for the Admin Level, and I'll make the change permanent, and also duplicate the fix for the Reseller Level.

John

Ok, that's working much better, but in a few cases, and not sure why, it just doesn't want to return a result when I do a user search. But the user and domain search is working generally and when I click back also.

but sometimes the user search doesn't want to work, but mostly of the time it does.

Cheers

Sometimes when I do a domain search it doesn't work, and as toniramos posted above, yes, there aren't any domains shown. So I just click the button again, and it works.

Jeff

The solution is so simple.

instead of puting comparison1=equals you must put comparison1=contains
so you can search a full username or part of it.
Then you must specify value1= for a username search and value8= for a domain search in admin level and value7= for domain in reseller level. but not both (value1 & value7/8) in the same search

In my case it work fine in last DA version

Back