[RELEASE] Invoicing Manager 1.3

For those of you translating the language files I've added the following....

Counters at the top of file...
$adminlast = 22;
$reslast = 134;
$userlast = 35;

Admin Section
$adminStr22 = "Version";

Reseller Section
$resStr134 = "Version";

User Section
$usrStr35 = "Version";

Regards,

Added (edit: + some words fix) and re-upload in the url that you know for the italian language.

Last edited:
Just purchased the $30 license and installed the software (the beta version), so far so good... no errors. Waiting on my Paypal payment to be verified and the account activated.

I will report back my experiences with this product soon! :)

Whoa...

Also, a HUGE bug report here... upon installing the Invoicing Manager plugin, it inadvertantly deletes your entire /etc/crontab file and replaces it, rewriting only the single line:
Code:
1 0 */1 * * root /usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/invoicing_manager/cron.php > /dev/null

For those of us that use the traditional /etc/crontab from root to implement major tasks such as backing up, running custom scripts, server security, etc... it completely erases the contents of that file without even asking. This is obviously not good, and a pretty big security flaw since it technically has the power to remove certain tasks (firewall, monitoring, brute force detection scripts, etc).

Please fix this so it only appends the /etc/crontab with the Invoicing Manager line and does not delete and/or overwrite the contents entirely. Thanks!

Last edited:
If this is installed on a non FreeBSD box why dont they create crons in

cron.daily
cron.hourly
cron.weekly

or whatever instead of adding them to /etc/crontab/. Thats the way i would do it on a non Freebsd box. Otherwise i would implament it into periodic.

Just purchased the $30 license and installed the software (the beta version), so far so good... no errors. Waiting on my Paypal payment to be verified and the account activated.

I will report back my experiences with this product soon! :)

Your license has been activated.

Also, a HUGE bug report here... upon installing the Invoicing Manager plugin, it inadvertantly deletes your entire /etc/crontab file and replaces it, rewriting only the single line:
Code:
1 0 */1 * * root /usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/invoicing_manager/cron.php > /dev/null

For those of us that use the traditional /etc/crontab from root to implement major tasks such as backing up, running custom scripts, server security, etc... it completely erases the contents of that file without even asking. This is obviously not good, and a pretty big security flaw since it technically has the power to remove certain tasks (firewall, monitoring, brute force detection scripts, etc).

Please fix this so it only appends the /etc/crontab with the Invoicing Manager line and does not delete and/or overwrite the contents entirely. Thanks!

I'll check this again but it added it to my crontab and did not rewrite it.

Regards,

If this is installed on a non FreeBSD box why dont they create crons in

cron.daily
cron.hourly
cron.weekly

or whatever instead of adding them to /etc/crontab/. Thats the way i would do it on a non Freebsd box. Otherwise i would implament it into periodic.

For the simple reason that we don't want different versions for each different OS.

Regards,

It has been over 48 hours now (actually, 72!) and I STILL haven't received my activation. :(

I have also requested a refund (twice now over e-mail) because the software doesn't appear to have the needed customization options which I thought were available, and I haven't received a response from either domain (including matrixxhosting). I am also still not pleased with it dumping my /etc/crontab file randomly. I know from reading above the problem wasn't able to be duplicated on your end, but it indeed dumped mine and added only the Invoicing Manager crontab entry at the top. I had several backups from previous dates, but it was all in pieces from various dates, some of which were modified and did not contain current entries.

Again, basically, at the very moment the plugin was installed, all of my SIM and BFD monitoring ceased, as well as my firewall and MRTG graphing scripts. These were all controlled via that one file. I even went back and checked out the timestamp on the /etc/crontab file to confirm it. And if it even matters, I'm running CentOS 4.

At this point, I'd rather not wait anymore and just get a refund. Maybe I'll try your software plugin after it is developed from the ground up. From experience, typically these types of projects turn out better the second time around when they are actually built by the team that owns it at the current time. This isn't your fault obviously, but it is usually the truth.

Is anyone out there able to assist me?!?

-----------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I just checked the account login at the Invoicing Manager site and it says it has been activated. Sorry I didn't check, I just never received any e-mail notifying me of this. Anyway, I have left the server IP blank as I do not want to activate it now. Someone please help!

Last edited:
It has been over 48 hours now (actually, 72!) and I STILL haven't received my activation. :(

I have also requested a refund (twice now over e-mail) because the software doesn't appear to have the needed customization options which I thought were available, and I haven't received a response from either domain (including matrixxhosting). I am also still not pleased with it dumping my /etc/crontab file randomly. I know from reading above the problem wasn't able to be duplicated on your end, but it indeed dumped mine and added only the Invoicing Manager crontab entry at the top. I had several backups from previous dates, but it was all in pieces from various dates, some of which were modified and did not contain current entries.

Again, basically, at the very moment the plugin was installed, all of my SIM and BFD monitoring ceased, as well as my firewall and MRTG graphing scripts. These were all controlled via that one file. I even went back and checked out the timestamp on the /etc/crontab file to confirm it. And if it even matters, I'm running CentOS 4.

At this point, I'd rather not wait anymore and just get a refund. Maybe I'll try your software plugin after it is developed from the ground up. From experience, typically these types of projects turn out better the second time around when they are actually built by the team that owns it at the current time. This isn't your fault obviously, but it is usually the truth.

Is anyone out there able to assist me?!?

-----------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I just checked the account login at the Invoicing Manager site and it says it has been activated. Sorry I didn't check, I just never received any e-mail notifying me of this. Anyway, I have left the server IP blank as I do not want to activate it now. Someone please help!

Please post your issues / requests / suggestions. We will be implementing a lot of new features in the next version.

Of course we'll give you a refund, we mailed you about it too. I'm assuming you paid via PayPal. I'll cancel the license and issue a refund today.

Regards,

Last edited:
Does your system track payments, also suspend accounts upon non-payment, track bandwidth used and allow you to bill for extra services? Does billing go out every month automatically?

Ive never seen a working version and if your system does all this I dont need to have a system developed that does.

Does your system track payments, also suspend accounts upon non-payment, track bandwidth used and allow you to bill for extra services? Does billing go out every month automatically?

Ive never seen a working version and if your system does all this I dont need to have a system developed that does.

• It depends what you mean by "track payments", for the beta we're busy with the processing of payments from PayPal, Google Checkout and 2CheckOut.com, this will be automatically processed.
  • Suspend/unsuspend is not automated at this moment but is not a major addition, I can add this without a problem.
  • Bandwidth is not tracked at this point, tell me more about what exactly you need...
  • You can bill for anything you like either onetime or recurring
  • Invoices are sent out automatically

If you want you can install the beta version and I will enable a temporary license for you.

Regards,

Thanks for the response and refund guys. Can you PM me regarding the e-mail address the responses were generated from? I am going to dig through my spam quarantine and see if they were flagged.

Will be looking forward to seeing the new version in action.:)

• It depends what you mean by "track payments", for the beta we're busy with the processing of payments from PayPal, Google Checkout and 2CheckOut.com, this will be automatically processed.
  • Suspend/unsuspend is not automated at this moment but is not a major addition, I can add this without a problem.
  • Bandwidth is not tracked at this point, tell me more about what exactly you need...
  • You can bill for anything you like either onetime or recurring
  • Invoices are sent out automatically

If you want you can install the beta version and I will enable a temporary license for you.

Regards,

When I say track payments I mean if an invoice is sent out on the 1st of each month automatically, it would also need to track if this has been paid. If its not paid within a few days it sends a reminder, then again after about 10 days upto 14 days where there account would be shut off for non payment.

As for the bandwidth, When users sign up they will have the option to allow their account to run over their bandwidth or not (I will simply create the same package for everything twice, one will allow users to overrun their bandwidth quota and one wont), if they choose to run over they will be billed automatically at a price I set per GIG.

Onno, when will a module for BluePay be available? We needed it yesterday :).

Jeff

Confirmed???

Ono..

What is meant by "Confirmed" in the Status row of this ErrTrax program your running?..

Also.. I would be interested to know if you have an external signup page that can be tied into your invoicing system as of yet?...

If not, I'm working on something that may be be of interest to you.. ;)

It's very simple stoopid to set up but I just need to get some bugs taken out of it and and have to add a few more features to it.. :)

It's highly configurable from an admin panel and will require very little effort to integrate into a web design or you can create/modify your own header, footer and main body files with the built in Content Manager..

I'm nowhere near being finished, yet but here's a link to a development version that I'm playing around with right now..

http://www.buckagb.com/index.php?show=all

Next week I will be implimenting a function to move the various services up and down the list, via the admin panel...

As I said, it's still in the dev stage and I'm not sure if it can be tied into your system but send me a PM if you want to discuss this any further.. :)

Last edited:
Ono..

What is meant by "Confirmed" in the Status row of this ErrTrax program your running?..

This means that we have been able to verify the issue or that we will add the feature in the future.

Also.. I would be interested to know if you have an external signup page that can be tied into your invoicing system as of yet?...

If not, I'm working on something that may be be of interest to you.. ;)

We're always open to suggestions.

It's very simple stoopid to set up but I just need to get some bugs taken out of it and and have to add a few more features to it.. :)

It's highly configurable from an admin panel and will require very little effort to integrate into a web design or you can create/modify your own header, footer and main body files with the built in Content Manager..

I'm nowhere near being finished, yet but here's a link to a development version that I'm playing around with right now..

http://www.buckagb.com/index.php?show=all

Next week I will be implimenting a function to move the various services up and down the list, via the admin panel...

As I said, it's still in the dev stage and I'm not sure if it can be tied into your system but send me a PM if you want to discuss this any further.. :)

I'll look at it and send you a PM.

Regards,

Back