[RELEASE] Invoicing Manager 1.3

Hi,

We're working on a new version that is a total re-write, approaching it from the other end with order pages and a database for data storage and hooking the plugin to the database.
The advantage to this is that you can suspend accounts and still have people pay you to unsuspend their accounts without you having to manually do this.

We're also looking into additional bandwidth and disk overusage charges and creation of custom accounts meaning that you set up your packages in the billing system and then simply add new servers/reseller accounts without having to set up packages on each new server/reseller account.

We are also looking at providing upgrade/downgrade options and allowing for automatic upgrade of packages if the reseller wants it.

We will also allow for server management fees to be charged with monthly calculation of usage above the included time.

If you have more requests please let me know.

Regards,

Hi,
I'm fairly interested in the product, but I'm a bit scared of trying it out after the complaints about overwritten crontab files. I'll back it up, i guess if I decide to try it.
I have a couple of other concerns/questions, however:
1) the errtrax website has nothing on it but a single entry about some artic software. Nothing whatsoever regarding your software. That's not comforting at all.
2) Why do you have 2 links to non-existent websites (well, not non-exsistant, but default page-holdered) for Spam blocker and DAtoolkit sites? That is also disconcerting.
3) how far away are you from the complete rewrite? I'm getting the feeling that it might be best to wait for that...
I'm definitely anxiously awaiting the moment I feel comfortable enough with this software to try it.

Hi,
I'm fairly interested in the product, but I'm a bit scared of trying it out after the complaints about overwritten crontab files. I'll back it up, i guess if I decide to try it.
I have a couple of other concerns/questions, however:
1) the errtrax website has nothing on it but a single entry about some artic software. Nothing whatsoever regarding your software. That's not comforting at all.
2) Why do you have 2 links to non-existent websites (well, not non-exsistant, but default page-holdered) for Spam blocker and DAtoolkit sites? That is also disconcerting.
3) how far away are you from the complete rewrite? I'm getting the feeling that it might be best to wait for that...
I'm definitely anxiously awaiting the moment I feel comfortable enough with this software to try it.

Thanks for your message...

1) I understand your concern. We've had to renumber IP addresses and have not received the new license key from articktracker.com. They have assuerd me that the new license will be delivered in the next couple of days.
2) We are developing the products and the websites for them. They will be up as soon as they are available.
3) The complete rewrite is still months away from being completed. Current planned release date is 1st of August 2008.

Kind Regards,

Im sure this is great software and all that, ive even purchased a license!
but for **** sake ! its replaced my /etc/crontab with

[root@web /var/log/httpd]# cat /etc/crontab
1 0 */1 * * root /usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/invoicing_manager/cron.php > /dev/null

ive completed lost everything !!

extremely ****ed off

Can you give me specifications of your PHP version please. You are the second person that this happened to and I have not yet managed to duplicate the error.

Kind regards,

php 5.2.6

ordered license more than 5 days ago
still nothing

sigh

I'll install this on one of our test systems and see if I can find the issue with Crontab...

What is your login name on invoicingmanager.com?

Regards,

Cool

and login name = calibrateltd

cheers

error

/usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/invoicing_manager/cron.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function edit_ini_file() in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/invoicing_manager/cron.php on line 72

error

/usr/local/bin/php /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/invoicing_manager/cron.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function edit_ini_file() in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/invoicing_manager/cron.php on line 72

I'll have a look at that error. Please just disable the cronjob for now.

Reagrds,

Right so

1. Have paid for the software
2. Software completely over writes my /etc/crontab
3. The crontab entry doesn't even work, so no invoices get generated.
4. I paid for what exactly??

Im somewhat concerned by the version of this software. 1.4.5 which would indicate its been in development for sometime, yet it still has a MAJOR bug, not being able to generate the invoices.

If i was to downgrade to a previous version, will it then work?

Multiple servers

Hello,

I've been looking at this system for a few hours now but I can not find any information regarding multiple servers.

Our company is currently running 2 DA servers and in short future it will be 4.
Will this system work together on all servers with only 1 database or do we need 4 separate installed systems?

Thanks!

Right so

1. Have paid for the software
2. Software completely over writes my /etc/crontab
3. The crontab entry doesn't even work, so no invoices get generated.
4. I paid for what exactly??

Im somewhat concerned by the version of this software. 1.4.5 which would indicate its been in development for sometime, yet it still has a MAJOR bug, not being able to generate the invoices.

If i was to downgrade to a previous version, will it then work?

I can understand the concern. This software was in development for a long time. We bought the software recently and fixed a lot of problems/issues. We have committed ourselves to fixing the issues related to this software and delivering a solution that works for the DA community.

In version 1.4.5 we introduced automatic generation of invoices and looking back at the incidents we've had regarding the invoicingmanager this is the 2nd one related to generation of invoices so we're busy trying to find the issue so it can be fixed.

The current sourcecode is not well written as you may or may not have read on the forums so we are busy with a total rewrite of the code for the next version. We will be fixing problems with the current codebase but new functionality will only be added in the new sourcecode.

Regards,

Hello,

I've been looking at this system for a few hours now but I can not find any information regarding multiple servers.

Our company is currently running 2 DA servers and in short future it will be 4.
Will this system work together on all servers with only 1 database or do we need 4 separate installed systems?

Thanks!

The current version of the InvoicingManager is a single server version. For you to use the current version in your company you would need 4 separate installs.

We are busy with a complete rewrite and that version will handle multiple servers from a single install.

Regards,

Can I change the invoice number formatting? .. I want simple invoice numbers say starting at 3000 - so i can line it up with my accounting software...

The long invoice numbers can't be put into online banking references eithers, won't fit...

Brett

Back