cPanel-to-DirectAdmin conversion tool

Thank you hostpc.com. :D

But i need "imap_da.cpanel.import.pl" script to import imap email from cPanel to directadmin. Do you have this file?

Please post link to script to import IMAP from cPanel to DirectAdmin.

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of this script with IMAP support. However, I did have a quick once-over of a cPanel backup, but didn't see any reference to IMAP. If you guys have a copy of a backup that has IMAP data, I could look at adding support for it--I doubt it would be very difficult.

Cheers!

l0rdphi, I don't use your tool, but I can help you. You just need a cPanel server with Maildir I guess or a user backup. Contact me on MSN, ICQ or Skype and I'll give you details.

l0rdphi, I don't use your tool, but I can help you. You just need a cPanel server with Maildir I guess or a user backup. Contact me on MSN, ICQ or Skype and I'll give you details.
Thank you for the offer, however I think I've found the Maildir data in my backup. It should be inside the directory /homedir/mail/DOMAIN/USER/. I'll see what I can do with that soon.

Phil.

Thank you for the offer, however I think I've found the Maildir data in my backup. It should be inside the directory /homedir/mail/DOMAIN/USER/. I'll see what I can do with that soon.

Phil.

You have about 50 DA Admins waiting eagerly :)).

I can set up a test cPanel VPS (they give 15 trial licenses) for you to run tests on it if that helps in any way (My cPanel license expired in Feb, - wasn't in use for 4 months as I converted to DA and had to manually move the Maildir-Courier files from the old box to the new box).

Let me know if you want me to set up the VPS.

-Alon.

You have about 50 DA Admins waiting eagerly :)).

I can set up a test cPanel VPS (they give 15 trial licenses) for you to run tests on it if that helps in any way (My cPanel license expired in Feb, - wasn't in use for 4 months as I converted to DA and had to manually move the Maildir-Courier files from the old box to the new box).

Let me know if you want me to set up the VPS.

-Alon.
I should be able to get this working without the VPS. Thank you for the offer though. :)

I compared a DA and CP backup last night and it seems there are some major differences between how each stores Maildir data. I need to have a better look at it though. I'll try to do that soon. :)

Cheers!

- Phil

I had a better look:

It appears CP has a directory for each IMAP folder, and then a separate file for each mail entry in the proper directory.

However, DA uses one file for each IMAP folder, and all mail entries are separated by a double line break in the proper file.

That's what I gathered anyway. If someone with more expierence--perhaps someone who converted IMAP data manually--could confirm, I'll have a go at adding this conversion to the script.

Cheers, Phil.

Any news Phi1?

I wish I could help you, but im afraid my skills arent up to it.

Hello l0rdphi1, I am wondering if you can help me to restore some accounts. I am Willing to pay up to $350 if you can help me. Please contact me ASAP i am in a hurry. please send me your email or any kind of contact information so we can discuss

I've always ben curious to know why DA will not support conversion scripts or their competitors? There are a lot of people who want to move away from the competition but there are really not any conversion scripts that are support by DA. Perhaps its a good time for them to work on it as well?

Hello,

I've been busy working on a new major release of Installatron. Some new features I'm sure everyone will enjoy there. :)

I was hoping to be more sure converting the IMAP data is really as simple as I wrote in my previous post before starting on it, but I guess I'll have to sit down and play with it some more to find out. I'll make a note to get to that soon and then post a beta version here.

Cheers, Phil.

Phil,

I've just sent you an email about the file, but if my memory serves me right there are single files with all mail in it as well. Though maybe cPanel has changed it's structure.

If you could send me a copy of a cPanel backup, I could have a look at it.

Anyway, the file we made back then is lost. If nobody else has a copy then the file has to be redone.

Sorry.

Ive been speaking to DA about this a little as I didnt realise how many emails I had to port over - I thought I could get away with not doing...

Anyway this was their response:

if cpanel uses mbox, then you'd have to convert to dovecot instead of vm-pop3d.
Once converted, the place the Maildir files into:
/home/username/imap/domain.com/username/Maildir

for dovecot:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=590

I've yet to start playing with the information, however I am going to have to look at it today at some point.

Ah, I didn't realize DA was using Maildir now. cPanel uses Maildir too, so it is just a matter of moving the cPanel files to the right folder.

My DA server is still using mbox and locate doesn't return anything for Maildir. So to implement support in this tool, we'll need to know where exactly the Maildir data should be put in a DA user backup. After I know that, adding support should be easy. I think anyone with a copy of DA using Maildir can answer that--or I could upgrade my server later today and find out. :)

Cheers, Phil.

I have a newly installed server, if you want PM me and im sure we can work something out.

I have a newly installed server, if you want PM me and im sure we can work something out.

I had a look at a recently-installed server a little while ago and noticed it wasn't using Maildir/Dovecot. Perhaps there's an option during install, or maybe Maildir/Dovecot simply is not installed by default?

Anyway, if you have a server using Maildir/Dovecot: send a few test mails to your "admin" account, then in DA create a reseller-level backup of the admin account. After the backup is finished, run something like this to find where DA put the Maildir files:

tar tzf /home/admin/user_backups/admin.tar.gz | grep mail

Thanks, Phil.

Dovecot is not installed by default.
DirectAdmin said the files should be copied into /home/username/imap/domain.com/username/Maildir. Easy enough? :)

Back