cPanel-to-DirectAdmin conversion tool

I am trying to migrate from a reseller account to a VPS and have the cpanel backups (they are able to be extracted so I know they are not corrupted). I am getting hte following error mesage on any of the restores that I try though:

I have confirmed there is no backup/user.conf in the backup archives, did i miss somethign somewhere?

I would apprecaite any help.

cPanel Version 11.25.0-CURRENT

make sure that you have the backup file from cPanel with the ownership and permissions of admin.admin and 644. That might help.

good luck.

cpanel

I'm trying to migrate 260+ domains from Cpanel to DA and on most sites I'm getting the following error:

Unable to restore database username&#95somefile.sql to username_somefile : ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Database '' does not belong to you

I've seen two other people having the same issue but no solution to this. Importing manually the DB's needs a lot of time as we are speak for more than 100 DBs.

Any ideas?

Hi everyone,

I've updated the script to handle the homedir.tar.gz change in cPanel 11.24. I haven't had time to look at the other reported issues. The only change is the homedir.tar.gz fix.

http://kade.nu/da/da.cpanel.import.9.4.tar.gz

Thanks,
Phil.

I don't get it why DA staff does not take over from here and make this official plugin / feature in DA admin panel (and fully supported ofcourse). Since it looks like a lot of people need this afterall...

hi tankyou for this .
but when i click to restore
sql not import and shod this error ?
please help me.
Unable to restore database dot_cmsx.sql to dot_cmsx : ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'dot'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Hello

Is this useful tool EOL ? i was hoping of a import from 100 cpanel users, but ik get the same errors as above, no sql imported and no email accounts or map's

Hans

I was wondering what the lastest is on this tool. I am looking to move 300+ accounts from 1 cPanel server over to two different servers with DA

There hasn't been any updates in such a long time. I wonder if it's dead. There are still issues because the current state doesn't move the html folders over as cpanel changed it's backup format. I currently have to use the tool to get the account and dbs over and then unzip the cpanel backup and find the public_html folder and manually move it to the new public_html directory. For 300 accounts, that would be a pain, though it is better than a total manual migration.

I just read all 722 lines of the script, and don't see why it wouldn't work for the public_html stuff.

Shortly I will give it a try. A sample run.

Oke, first conversion done. Some notes:
- be sure the contact email is a vailid email format in cPanel
- cronjobs are not converted correctly
- cronjobs setting is not set to on when a client is has cronjobs

Migration

I have a large server with 10,000 accounts on CPanel.
I'm looking to migrate everything to DirectAdmin.

Anyone on here I can hire to take care of this for me? Please send a PM.

I'm trying to migrate 260+ domains from Cpanel to DA and on most sites I'm getting the following error:

Unable to restore database username_somefile.sql to username_somefile : ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I've seen two other people having the same issue but no solution to this. Importing manually the DB's needs a lot of time as we are speak for more than 100 DBs.

Any ideas?

I have the same error. Has anyone any solution?

Back