cPanel-to-DirectAdmin conversion tool

Hi,

Working well so far, just make sure everyone that you create the 'user_backups' directory first if you use the script to transfer the tarballs... otherwise the script creates a file called 'user_backups' which is kinda odd :)

HTH,
Matt

Nooo... an error :(

Unable to exact backup/user.conf from /home/admin/user_backups/xxxxx.tar.gz : Error while extracting backup/user.conf to /home/admin/user_backups/xxxxx as admin :

HTH,
Matt

PS xxxx = the username

This isn't a owner/permissions problem, is it? Try duplicating the settings of normal DA backups.

Besides that, extract the tarball manually and see if there's a backup/user.conf file.

Hi,

The user.conf file exists and is valid. The file is for a reseller's user panel if you know what I mean, not for a user that they've created themselves.

I'm trying now to move the tarball in to the backups directory of the reseller's account now, and restore if from their control panel.

Thanks,
Matt

Ok that worked very well, only the MySQL databases didn't copy over.

Not bad going so far!

More updates soon...

Matt :)

I had a hell of a time getting mysql to copy over. Might be better doing that manually, although they were copying for me when I released this script. Don't know what to suggest.. :)

No problem. The FTP accounts didn't copy over either.

The user had FrontPage extensions enabled, so I had to enable it in DA too... I got an error, but you can work around it by deleting the old password file 'service.pwd'.

:D

Matt

Hi,

I tried restoring the users under the reseller, got the following error:

Cannot create user: Unable to allocate unlimited Bandwidth. This account is not allowed to create that amount

Domain xxxxxxxx.com Created

Domain Created Successfuly

Unable to restore database xxxx_xxxx.sql to xxxxx_xxxxxxx : ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)
sh: line 2: --user=xxxx: command not found

HTH,

Don't know what to say with the unlimited error.. is unlimited working with DA-to-DA tarballs?

As for the sql error, I'm no use either :) Doesn't make sense, really. I guess the convertor isn't putting them in the tarball right.

Hmm...

Hello,

1) cannot extract backups/user.conf : I'm try to track down that error, but can't duplicate it on any of the build systems.

2) Unable to allocate unlimited Bandwidth. This account is not allowed to create that amount : that just means that the Reseller is restoring a user who has unlimited bandwidth, but the Reseller account isn't allowed to create a user with unlimited bandwidth. Either decrease the limit in the user.conf file (inside the tar.gz) or else crank up the bandwidth limit on the Reseller to unlimited.

3) The mysql error is very odd. for a few reasons, 1) it's doing it as root.. which isn't anywhere in the code, 2) there is no password passed, which aslo isn't in the code. That one will need to be looked into.

Starting tomorrow at about noon (March 19th), our build systems will be down for about a day while we move to a new location. Hopefully the internet connection will be setup without any problems and we can get up and running again smoothly. :)

John

lordphi1:

Altogether this script has been *very* useful. Thank you very much :)

John:

Remember that if you use mysql from the commandline, without passing a username, it assumes root; could that be the problem? I experienced the error with serveral other users too. In the end I just used MySQL dumps and SCPed them across.

HTH,

thoroughfare said:
lordphi1:

Altogether this script has been *very* useful. Thank you very much :)
Yes, thank you - it was fun throwing together. There are a few quarks that need worked out, especially with mysql. Hopefully I or someone will get to them soon. :)

PS Another tip... it didn't process site redirects properly, I had to recreate them. I can't remember why though :(

HTH,

I've been tracking development of this tool for a while and what can I say: GREAT JOB !

I noticed one thing though:
In the script you are assuming that mysq.sql in cP will contain 'REPLACE INTO' statements while it actually contains 'GRANT' statements, this breaks your script and this might be the cause for all mysql errors during restore.

Back