cPanel-to-DirectAdmin conversion tool

I am trying to import a backup but i get this error:

Examining backup-11.15.2012_16-16-16_aviabue.tar.gz... (user aviabue)
Extracting cPanel backup..mv: cannot stat `./import/backup-11.15.2012_16-16-16_aviabue': No such file or directory
No Root IMAP mail data detected, skipping.
No Squirrelmail preferences detected, skipping.
Copying remaining files... mv: cannot stat `./import/aviabue/homedir/public_html': No such file or directory

Domain pointers... (0 converted)
Translating any Crontab entries... (0 converted)
MySQL Databases... (0 converted)
Creating DirectAdmin tarball...
Cleaning up...
Success!

1 tarballs attempted/converted.

~fin.

and nothing happens, it creates a minimal file in export folder, with only a few things on it.

I saw another user in this thread that posted the same error and a workarround (page 10) but i am having difficulties with the tar commands he posted.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Is this thing is still valid or there is any other option as I am planning to move to DA from cpanel.

It should be valid. The file structure hasn't changed, so to the best of my knowledge it should work fine.
I have not run this tool in a while, but if you see any errors, just post them so we can try to understand the prob

This tool works well however, email accounts were not imported and I think that is the most important thing I need else I guess I have to resort to cPanel because I need to transfer one important client to my new server as I have cancelled this old server.

I used the 9.4 version of this tool to import four accounts from cPanel. It worked perfectly. I made the cPanel backups using 'Full Backup' in the Backups wizard.

One concern I had was that my cPanel mySQL database was version 5.0.96-community but my new server version is 5.5.27. No problems.

Thank you for this tool.

The database version is of no issue as far the conversion tool. The backup is just an SQL dump,. it doesn't care which version of mysql you have. The restore/import is simply importing the sql as is into "a database".
If there is a newer version in DA,. that's OK,. (even an older version should work as long as you stay with the 5.x and above).

One main reason why so many folks in this thread are having issues is because people like this asshole repost a 7-year-old version of the script and claim it's fresh:

http://sysnetpro.net/os/linux/cpanel-directadmin-migration-conversion-tool.html

[rant]For that, I say: **** you, you douchebag. Thanks for the despair you bring about other webmasters, and for costing me last night's sleep. People like you should be banned from running any website at all - that would make the world a better place.[/rant]

ALWAYS CHECK THE VERSION OF THE SCRIPT: If it's 9.4 or higher, you should be fine. Anything else will get you into deep trouble.

PS: So happy to be back on DirectAdmin - CPanel sucks bigtime.

You seem more than a bit passionate about this. Have you tried contacting the author?

Jeff

Cannot create user smart: Unable to allocate unlimited Domains. This account is not allowed to create that amount.
Unable to allocate unlimited Pop Accounts. This account is not allowed to create that amount.
Unable to allocate unlimited AutoResponders. This account is not allowed to create that amount.
Unable to allocate unlimited Domain Pointers. This account is not allowed to create that amount.

i have this errors in restore

what can i do?

cpanel package not have this options to edit

This means that the reseller you are trying to restore under,. does not have an "unlimited" plan.
What you can do is "cheat".

Create a Reseller Package and call it: "Unlimited-Never-Use-for-real" and assign it to the reseller you plan to restore to.

Then try to do the restore.
After the restore is done,. change the values of the user you restored to a smaller package,. one that does not have "unlimited" resources (which are never good).

HTH

Check your DNS resolution on the server and try again; that's not the proper IP# for the domain. The correct IP# when I tried right now shows up as: 204.74.211.250

Jeff

Configuration question

Hi,

What will happen if I left only these settings in defaults.conf? Here is a list of settings:
Code:
ip=server-ip
ns1=dns-1
ns2=dns-2
creator=main reseller account name
docsroot=./data/skins/enhanced
package=pack-name
php=ON
skin=enhanced
When I recover the backup the following user will get params of the selected package or what? Because if DA will do for me I'll not make any additional config settings. I'll remove these lines:
Code:
account=ON
aftp=OFF
cgi=ON
dnscontrol=OFF
nemailr=unlimited
nemails=unlimited
ssh=OFF
ssl=ON
suspend_at_limit=ON
suspended=no
zoom=100

Best regards,
George!

MySQL import error

Hi,

I have used many times this very helpful tool to convert thousands of cpanel accounts to DA. Many thanks to the creator.

Yesterday I have used again, but some problems occured.

First cPanel tar balls are now "username.tar" not "username.tar.gz" and the script cannot recognizes *.tar files.
I have converted .tar files to .tar.gz with gzip *.tar command.

The important problem is MySQL databases are not imported. Convertor creates empty databases, and DA giving following restore error for all databases:

set_collation: DB feli2_v4 does not have any collation information in the backup. Skipping
Unable to restore database feli2&#95v&#52.sql to feli2_v4 : ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'feli2'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Then I asked DirectAdmin support and John recommended to create me, the empty database first through DA, with the same usernames, then restoring again, and it worked!

I sent him sample of a backup/feli2_v4.conf (feli2_v4 is the database name) file, and he send me following email:

===========
The convertor isn't creating the conf file correctly.

1) The accesshosts should all be on one line, like this:
accesshosts=0=188.x.x.218&1=89.x.x.42&2=94.x.x.195&3=94.x.x.186&4=94.x.x.122&5=94.x.x.154&6=isn.webrfrfolojix.com&7=localhost&8=ns1.erededan.web.tr

2) The feli2_v4 line looks ok, from what I'm seeing..
however, the conf is completely missing the system account, eg:
feli2=alter_priv=Y&create_priv=Y&create_tmp_table_priv=Y&delete_priv=Y&drop_priv=Y&grant_priv=N&index_priv=Y&insert_priv=Y&lock_tables_priv=Y&passwd=*4CE33BC8351F23EED47CA52DD4E8754A5E38D6A1&references_priv=Y&select_priv=Y&update_priv=Y

3) Lastly (shouldn't matter), this is a sample collation line that could also be in the conf file:
db_collation=CATALOG_NAME=&DEFAULT_CHARACTER_SET_NAME=latin1&DEFAULT_COLLATION_NAME=latin1_swedish_ci&SCHEMA_NAME=feli2_v4&SQL_PATH=

So if the convertor could be updates to add the lines in that manner, this would probably let the process be automated.

4) DA should create the DB for you.. even with the automated restore, so there shouldn't be a need for the feli2_v4.create file.
Thank you,
John
===========

If you consider updating your tool, maybe these are useful.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Someone should put a warning at the start of the thread that this script no longer works, I'm surprised DirectAdmin have not made something similar to this to allow people to move over easier...

Copying files... mv: cannot stat `./import/hgfhgrf/homedir/public_html/bccnr': No such file or directory

so read the 1st post, skip the other 22 pages and jump in?
I see 2 posts up someone had to do a db creation 1st then run the tool, but it ""appears"" to have worked for them:rolleyes:

Someone should put a warning at the start of the thread that this script no longer works, I'm surprised DirectAdmin have not made something similar to this to allow people to move over easier...

Copying files... mv: cannot stat `./import/hgfhgrf/homedir/public_html/bccnr': No such file or directory

Tool 9.4 will not work, please help

Hi,

Some how the tool stops working, see below ssh output, who can help me with this?

Thank you!

root@web:/test# perl da.cpanel.import.pl

Welcome to the cPanel-to-DirectAdmin conversion tool, version .9.4.
Tool created by Phillip Stier <[email protected]>.
Please report bugs to this thread on the DirectAdmin forum:
http://directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2247

Read:
This tool exclusively uses the cPanel backup file to do the conversion,
so this tool can be executed on the cPanel OR DirectAdmin server.
Before starting, copy your cPanel backups into the ./import directory
This tool will covert backups created by both
- the '/scripts/pkgacct' script, and
- cPanel's 'Full Backup' GUI tool.
After running this tool, transfer the tarballs inside ./export to any DirectAdmin reseller's 'user_backups' directory.

Have you read, understood and applied the above? (y/n) [y] y

[If you are running this tool on the cPanel server]: After this tool is finished, should successfully created DirectAdmin tarballs be transferred to your DirectAdmin reseller user_backups directory? (y/n) [n] y

You've chosen to automatically transfer tarballs over.. please provide your DA server info...
DirectAdmin server address: [149.210.146.172]
DirectAdmin user_backups directory: [/home/admin/user_backups]

Checking for ./import/... OK
Checking for ./export/... OK

We're about to begin the conversion process.
All tarballs residing in ./import/ will be checked for validity and converted to the DirectAdmin format.
DirectAdmin formatted tarballs will be placed in ./export/.

Shall we begin? (y/n) [y] y

No tarballs attempted/converted.

~fin.

root@web:/test#

Back