cPanel-to-DirectAdmin conversion tool

just wondering

Is there a way to make this into a module in directadmin admin level so that it is nice and smooth ? Is there any update on this tool version ? What are the known bugs still ?

Sorry to be a pain, but I have loads of servers to convert from cpanel to directadmin ... but i need to test it on at least 1 machine first ... lol ..

Any info would be helpfull. Thanks,

-Nathan

Re: just wondering

Hello,
nate said:
Is there a way to make this into a module in directadmin admin level so that it is nice and smooth ?
That's a feasible development path, but I'm not so sure this tool will benefit from residence as a DA plugin. Give this tool a run and let me know what you think. :)

nate said:
Is there any update on this tool version ? What are the known bugs still ?
As far as I know, all listed is 100% working provided my instructions are followed :)

nate said:
Sorry to be a pain, but I have loads of servers to convert from cpanel to directadmin ... but i need to test it on at least 1 machine first ... lol ..

Any info would be helpfull. Thanks,

-Nathan
Good luck :) I'm here to help if need arises.

Phi1.

Hello,

The only reason why i asked about the plugin is because some of us do not do much through the shell. I have used cpanel for years and i am trying my best to get away from it, so having an interface for things makes it easier to understand and get used to. At any rate, I will give it a try.

Thanks again !!

-Nathan

I just uploaded version .8. This tool now works with backups made by both cPanel's /scripts/pkgacct & the GUI user backup page.

Phi1.

Seems the resulting backup-usrname-date.tar.gz from GUI backups needs to be renamed to the account username.tar.gz before DA will allow you to import it.

Renamed the file to the username, restored it and got this error :(

Subject: An error occurred during the restore. Today at 17:44
backup-1nosept.com-7-25-2004@ is an invalid email address. User zula will not be created

xcensus said:
Seems the resulting backup-usrname-date.tar.gz from GUI backups needs to be renamed to the account username.tar.gz before DA will allow you to import it.
Post the real filename you have. GUI backups made from /frontend/x/backup/fullbackup.html are working for me.

Phi1.

Hi,

When the resulting export files are restored to a users account, and then use the reseller to log into that persons account it falls back to the password prompt and fails to accept the original password from cpanel, changing the password works for the login, but clicking on login to account via the reseller still fails, any ideas why ? Something to do with the .shadow file maybe ?

I think DA does that for all my users.

i.e., I'm logged in as 'admin' and "login" in to a reseller account, and then as the reseller, I try to "login" to a user account: I'm presented with DA's login screen.

The only way around this is directly logging in as the reseller's user via DA's "Show All Users" page.

Hmm..

Phi1.

Had alot of issues with transfering clients over, and then they have authentication problems with their pop3 accounts, reason appears to be login userid for pop3 on the old servers were
allowed to be username+dot.com and now have to be [email protected] for DirectAdmin, so maybe a check to see if + is in email ID then change to @

Just a thought :)

Does email forwarders get backup up ? Seems for some reason (atleast for me) they dont get restored on the DA server.

BTW- Your Conversion tool rocks! So does Installatron

xcensus,

Right NOW I think this tool does NOT convert mail forwarders. Only pop3's and the mail spool data.

Perhaps I can look into converting mail forwarders. I'll also convert +'s to @'s in pop3 logins :)

Phi1.

confused

Hi,

The whole thing is very confusing to me and I am not a newbie. I have a reseller account on cpanel and one on DA. I want to move some accounts over from cpanel to DA and this is what I did, where did I go wrong?

1- create account in DA with the same username and password
2- create backup with cpanel GUI tool and ftp it to home directory on DA
3- upload the transfert script to the DA account after editing the .conf file
4- can't access the transfert script from http

hmm where did I screw up?

P.S: I can donate a copy of a backup if you still need one to experiment on

thanks

Re: confused

badr said:
Hi,

The whole thing is very confusing to me and I am not a newbie. I have a reseller account on cpanel and one on DA. I want to move some accounts over from cpanel to DA and this is what I did, where did I go wrong?

1- create account in DA with the same username and password

No need, just restore the cpanel converted file to any reseller you have created on the DA server using User Backups.

2- create backup with cpanel GUI tool and ftp it to home directory on DA

Yup

3- upload the transfert script to the DA account after editing the .conf file

Create a directory called import, export, move the cpanel backup into import, then execute perl da.directadmin.pl (cant remember its proper name lol) and you will have the fully converted file in export.

4- can't access the transfert script from http

Copy the exported file to the resellers directory, user_backups and then restore the backup.

hmm where did I screw up?

P.S: I can donate a copy of a backup if you still need one to experiment on

thanks

Back