Feature requests for CustomBuild

There would need to be several scripts; we've noticed that different versions of the Linux console, which requires slight differences in our version of the KISS firewall scripts.

And of course there's FreeBSD, which uses a completely different method of configuring firewalls.

Jeff
I don't see that as a problem, I thing that directadmin core is millons of times more complex than a simple iptables handle.

Anyway, just a suggestion for who develop directadmin.

On the other hand, will be Directadmin 2.0 possible/real? I think that it's time.

Hello,

As mentioned before, we're not likely going to redo everything in the sense of full code rewrite. We're going to continue to add features, make changes and improvements on the existing base. With that, the version will likely remain 1.x in the future, but will make changes along the way. FYI: for the next release: Multiple IPs per User, and per domain.

John

Version number is not realy important, I guess what many user are waiting are big changes and a new face.

I still have faith on directadmin. Hope to be the best CP ever!

Would sure be nice if custombuild allowed you to disable php and apache from the update process in options.conf

we love using custombuild for most things but it really bites that we are forced to use apache and custombuilds version of php

we use litespeed web server with lsapi php cli and a custom php compilation script to include exec_dir_patch, mail header patch and suhosin

as it stands now we have to update with custom build app by app and not update versions

I'll add it to the future plans. E.g. apache_inst=yes/no option. As for PHP, you could just modify custom configure.php5 file and add the flags needed for the Litespeed.

I'll check it very soon too :) Had some health problems for last 7 months, so main development was in John's hands. I'm recovering now and will do some great improvements very soon.

Not that simple...

its not just flags, there is wgets of many files... exec_dir_patch, mail header patch, suhosin patch, suhosin extension, litespeed lsapi extension.

yum updates for all libraries are performed.

then they get extracted to the compile dir and patched then configure is ran.

Not that simple...

its not just flags, there is wgets of many files... exec_dir_patch, mail header patch, suhosin patch, suhosin extension, litespeed lsapi extension.

yum updates for all libraries are performed.

then they get extracted to the compile dir and patched then configure is ran.

I'm sorry to argue with you, but it's very simple :) No wgets at all. Currently CustomBuild doesn't support suhosin patch/extension, so you'd have to do that in the same way. mail header patch is applied automatically and PHP 5.3 supports litespeed SAPI: http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php#5.3.0.

Last edited:
I think that a firewall configurable by the web control panel will be great.
kiss is a VERY simple firewall, for say some one. I don't see any con or headach.
A core script to handle iptables, like kiss but in the DA core

You can use CSF+LFD as a firewall, it has an interface on DA.

On FreeBSD proftpd is being installed at /usr/sbin/proftpd when built with custombuild. However, during installation of DirectAdmin it gets installed at /usr/local/sbin/proftpd. This is also the path in the init script.

So either custombuild should:
1) Install proftpd in /usr/local/sbin/proftpd, or;
2) Modify the init script to start /usr/sbin/proftpd

Option one would be the better option, since all apps are being installed in /usr/local/

A fix for that (just download a new start/stop script):
CentOS:
Code:
wget -O /etc/init.d/proftpd http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/proftpd
Debian:
Code:
wget -O /etc/init.d/proftpd http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/proftpd_debian
FreeBSD:
Code:
wget -O /usr/local/etc/rc.d/proftpd http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/proftpd

Great, thanks a lot, is that on by default now by the way?

Place your config files to the following paths:

• phpMyAdmin: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
  • SquirrelMail: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/squirrelmail/config.php
  • RoundCube: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/roundcube/main.inc.php
And CustomBuild will use them for phpMyAdmin/SquirrelMail/RoundCube installations.

shall i suggest (at least for phpmyadmin at the moment) to let it manage a theme too?

I mean, if you use a custom theme and is set into config file, it will doesnt work cause phpmyadmin will lose it at any update, so, maybe put a theme folder with the zip (or the theme folder name) and let custombuild move it too should be usefull.

Actually im using to move the theme folder every time manually and would be appreciate let automatize this too.

Regards

shall i suggest (at least for phpmyadmin at the moment) to let it manage a theme too?

I mean, if you use a custom theme and is set into config file, it will doesnt work cause phpmyadmin will lose it at any update, so, maybe put a theme folder with the zip (or the theme folder name) and let custombuild move it too should be usefull.

Actually im using to move the theme folder every time manually and would be appreciate let automatize this too.

Regards

Added to CustomBuild 1.1.28 and 1.2.22. Use custom/phpmyadmin/themes as a themes folder.

It needs to have the content that needs to be moved to /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/themes. ("themes" is not a zipped file, it's a directory)

Back