Feature requests for CustomBuild

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

If you have any suggestions (feature requests) to the new custombuild script please post them in this thread. Thank you.

What do you think about a new option to compile exim from the source (tarball)?

could you include pdo_mysql when building php? tried to do this manually but unsucessful. :(

support for other web servers -> nginx, lighttpd
Thanks in advance :)
yacenty

jackc, I'll think about it :) Maybe it will be included into 1.2 release :)

Fantastico like scripts

I suggest adding support to free scripts like chat scripts and Nuke like

It's easy to do that, just send DirectAdmin support a request to add --with-pdo-mysql to PHP5/6 configuration files :)

Hi,

add option [required]
----
backup old mysql data = yes/no [yes]
backup dir = /backup dir

backup old directadmin dir = yes/no [yes]
backup dir = /backup dir

thanks

Perhaps you could allow specific versions in the options.conf file? Before, we could just go in and edit the build file to rebuild an earlier release, but now with the versions.txt checking with everything, I don't think that's possible. Since me nor John could get PHP 5.2.4/5.2.5 to work on my server the numerous times we tried, I'd feel safer trying again later if there was an option to leave the door open. :)

Just set autover=no in the options.conf file and you will be able to edit versions.txt without any problems (because it won't update it automatically) :)

Just set autover=no in the options.conf file and you will be able to edit versions.txt without any problems (because it won't update it automatically) :)
Ah. Thanks for the info. Skipped right over that. :)

+1 for mod_evasive, not too worried about mod_security since it is a bandaid to real issues but evasive is a nice and easy way to handle a chunk of generic dos's

PHP / IMAP Support + Horde webmail

Is it too much to ask for Horde webmail?
Horde as well as other apps (like latest Sugarcrm) need IMAP support, which is not included in CustomBuild.

BTW, found this thread about update.script (http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22587) a script that seems can install IMAP client support and also seems to work with CustomBuild. I wonder if someone has used them together.

trophaeum, I'll think about it :) It would be great you you could create a poll for it.

albatroz, it's up to DirectAdmin to add IMAP support or not. You can add a poll in a new thread if you want, then I'll be able to talk to John (DirectAdmin) about IMAP suppot.

Back