CustomBuild or CustomApache?

Which one do you use?

• Total voters

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

It would be great to know how many users are using CustomBuild and CustomApache now (and why). Thank you for your votes and posts.

Have a good day!

I think what you have done with the new CustomBuild script is great! However, I have not switched to using that yet because it is not fully supported by DirectAdmin as of yet. So, I'm still using CustomApache. Thanks for all of the hard work that you have put into this script.

You're welcome :) 1.1 is fully supported by DirectAdmin, 1.2 is beta and not fully supported.

How do we know which one we are using? Is this configureable in the UI?

How do we know which one we are using? Is this configureable in the UI?

/usr/local/directadmin/customapache

or

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild

On a new install you have to make a choice between customapache or custombuild.
I've you don't have a dir like /customapache, you use custombuild or have to install customapache in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts.....

Hello,

It would be great to know how many users are using CustomBuild and CustomApache now (and why). Thank you for your votes and posts.

Have a good day!

Custombuild because it's now time to move on to php5.

First of all, smtalk, this script is great. I think with the right configurations and settings, this custombuild can be a all-in-one script that can do everything from setting up servers to securing and optimizing the server! =)

I have a quick question for you smtalk.
How do we know if we are on 1.1 or 1.2 of custombuild?
and what are the changes from 1.1 to 1.2?

While at it, I was wondering, if you do ./build rewrite_confs, does that just rewrite the conf settings for httpd? or does that also rewrite configuration settings for mysql, php, etc... ?

lkbryant, "./build rewrite_confs" only affects apache configuration files (just changed #11 in http://directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19221). News in CustomBuild 1.2:
  • PHP6 support.
  • You don't need to restart any services after updates.
  • You don't need to run "./build update_data" after the changes in options.conf anymore.
New options:
  • php_ini - update PHP configuration file using "./build php-ini" or "./build all". Possible values: yes/no (default: no). This option is only available from CustomBuild 1.2.
  • php_ini_type - this option is used to set what type of php.ini file CustomBuild needs to use while executing "./build php-ini". Possible values: dist/recommended (default: recommended). This option is only available from CustomBuild 1.2.
  • exim - install/update Exim using "./build exim" or "./build all". Possible values: yes/no (default: yes). This option is only available from CustomBuild 1.2.
  • cleanapache - exclude apache from "./build clean". Possible values: yes/no (default: no). This option is only available from CustomBuild 1.2.
  • fileserver - this option is used to set the server to download files from. Value "1" means files.directadmin.com server and value "2" means files4.directadmin.com server (Europe). Possible values: 1/2 (default: 1). This option is only available from CustomBuild 1.2.

All working! - PHP5/FastCGI+suphp

All updated and all good.

Though a couple of hours was spent resolving dodgy permissions (>755 on files and dirs) in users public_html directories.

All appears good now. :D

Moved to CustomBuild 1.1 a while ago without a hitch, great script!

Can i remove the customapache dir with all the files under it? :confused:

Thanx for the great script,
Michiel

Thank you. Yes, you can do that :)
Code:
rm -rf /usr/local/directadmin/customapache

customapache with some minor modifications like PHP 5.2.x support (just d/l the php source file and change the version in the build script), we've ran into some odd quirks now and then with custombuild

Back