Email Level Plugin

Congrats on this plugin.

We were using some home-made script for password changing (a mod of that password changing page) but we'd rather use this plugin since it's a DA maintained plugin (or would be)

Can't seem to load the screenshots. Can you check your links ?

thanks !!

I install it but when i write login and pass a see "Page not found" in my browser and in apache logs i have:

[Tue Jul 01 19:48:07 2008] [notice] child pid 5935 exit signal Segmentation fa
ult (11)
[Tue Jul 01 19:48:09 2008] [notice] child pid 10070 exit signal Segmentation f
ault (11)

What PHP version it require ?
My DA is on other port then 2222 but i change it in config.php

Yeah!. Good Plugin!. Congratulations!.

I'm using it right now, if I find some bugs the comment here.:)

Julian

My comments

1. IMHO this should be installed server wide and not per customer. Makes it harder to maintain the code. In our case we've taken the code off the control panel and making it available on our support web site. It autodetects the the server and connects to that server to login.

2. Looking at the source code, while it works, I hope to god the control panel code is much better developed and has more error checking. It appears this was developed very quickly and hope the reason why the code looks this way.

3. DA is aware of this bug.... If you use the Email API calls remotely it does not work if SSL is disabled. It only works if SSL is enabled.

This is a good starts ;). It works perfect on our new server. All the while we're using http://www.domain.com:2222/CMD_CHANGE_EMAIL_PASSWORD to enable our users to change email password without logging in.

This is what we're looking for so that it'll ease the site owner / webmaster.

Better still if DA can upgrade this plugin so that a site owner can manage his users ie create / delete / edit without logging in. There are some reasons for this. Here's the scenario:

We are a web design company offering affordable services in our region. Our main business is in webdesign and not the webhosting. But recently we are upgrading ourselves slowly by offering webhosting as well. Our target mainly for our current clients as a starting.

Therefore we offer a very attractive package with free hosting for the first year. The package is on our higher class design but with a lower price. The catch is that we don't give the client to access the control panel so they'll not get the source files. If they wish to move hosting, then they'll have to pay the exit fee ie the difference between our higher class with the lower class. This way we'll have a long term revenue by having a repeat sales on the yearly hosting fee. And our hosting is still among the cheapest in our region.

Therefore if they'll need to add users, at this stage they'll have to contact us and we'll do it for them for free. So if DA can upgrade this plugin to enable the site owner (super user for this email login) to manage their users (But must have a different login details to the DA Control panel, otherwise he'll still be able to login to the CP), these will be a GREAT plugin as it'll reduce our workload. :) . We hope the DA team will have a positive move on this idea as this is good for a webdesign company to start offering webhosting and earn the revenue yearly. We're not sure for other region but this marketing strategies work well in our region.

Hello,

Creating new email accounts from within an email account editor is far beyond the scope of this plugin.

However, what you're looking for already does exist (on the DA side anyway)
It's the API for email accounts. You'd have to write the client side of it to interface with DA, but it would allow you to create email accounts without giving them a DA login.
Info:
http://www.directadmin.com/api.html
http://www.directadmin.com/api.html#email

Here is a sample for creating DA users, just to give you an idea of how it works:
http://www.directadmin.com/sample_api.txt

John

I mean the Email Level Plugin. I have AtMail installed but in the Email Level Plugin only links to Roundcube, Squirrelmail and Uebimiau are being displayed. I had to modify the code to show Atmail link.

The install seemed to go fine for me, but when I go to www.mysite/email the page comes up, but when I enter my email/pass I just get "page cannot be displayed" error. The files are there, so I don't know what I am missing... could be lack of sleep

In my apache error log, I get:

[Sat Sep 6 12:14:48 2008] [notice] child pid 10077 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Hi all

im trying to get the email plugin to work but am getting this error and cant find how to fix it.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/tmp/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/cybernet/:/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/)

Can anybody tell me how to solve this..
Im using the recent version of DA and on Freebsd7.0

Brilliant - these features are what makes DirectAdmin awesome for me!!
You spelt modification wrong in the footer though

I installed the plugin as directed, edited the files on the server to better suit my needs, then deleted the plugin because the files in the plugin don't actually take into account what web mails are installed or the theme of DA etc
I'm now running this plugin from /var/www/html/settings and all the webmail.domain.com domains are reflecting this.

So it won't work out of the box? What did you edit specifically to get it to work? Is there a how-to that I missed?

Back