Did you want to Directadmin Pannel add Order Form and Invoice Management

Add Order Form and Invoice Management

• Yes, we are very interested!

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No. that's not important for me!

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
This is one of the things a lot of people are waiting for but there are also a couple of solutions on the forums.

Regards,

Yes..> THis is a feature that should have been implimented into the software right from the getgo and shouldn't be dependant on third party software...

Ed

Did you want to Directadmin Pannel add Order Form and Invoice Management ?

No, we use our own administration panel. I reather see DA documents _all_ API functions and not just randomly adds one like nowdays.
Plese, no new functions (okay, a Gui for WebDAV would be usefull since Apache 2.2x cannot use mod_frontpage). Fist handle all open shortcommings. See other topics.

I voted NO, cause billing is much different field than server admin. I want a good product for server admin. Billing we can use different software for different purposes

As badly as I need good billing, I still voted no.

Because, similarly go gate2vn, I believe that DA should concentrate on a hosting control panel, and that I should find a good billing solution from the billing solution providers.

Jeff

I'll vote no too. DA is a control panel, not a billing program. Maybe some reverse integration with WHMCS or other billing packages would be nice, but I don't want to see Directadmin concentrating on billing/credit card security, additional API's etc.

I voted no as well. I'm quite happy with the billing system that I am implementing and different businesses have needs for different options with billing. I'd like DA to focus on being a control panel and not a billing, invoicing, etc. type system. There are already good products out there that specialize in that type of work.

i am actually quite surprised that alot of you voted no!
wouldnt it be nice to have a single user/pass for clients to login to their control panel and handle billing stuffs as well from it?

it is not easy explaining that to the customer that, for billing, you need to log in here, for control panel, you need to log in there, etc....

they expect everything is all integrated. they expect they only have a single username/password which can manage everything from their hosting to their billing.

on top of it, cpanel have this feature why not directadmin? cpanel has everything manageable from the control panel.

perhaps da can just make a connector in the da admin to different billing manager such as whmcs which is what cpanel is doing i think.

wouldnt it be nice to have a single user/pass for clients to login to their control panel and handle billing stuffs as well from it?

it is not easy explaining that to the customer that, for billing, you need to log in here, for control panel, you need to log in there, etc....

they expect everything is all integrated. they expect they only have a single username/password which can manage everything from their hosting to their billing.
You don't need the system to be written by DirectAdmin for the above to be implemented; it can be done with a plugin. At least one plugin is currently in production.
on top of it, cpanel have this feature why not directadmin? cpanel has everything manageable from the control panel.
DirectAdmin is NOT CPanel. H-Sphere has it as well, and it's one of the reasons we didn't ever consider H-Sphere.

In order for an included Billing System to work for everyone it's got to be extremely flexible, which takes a lot of design, a lot of work, and a lot of maintenance.
perhaps da can just make a connector in the da admin to different billing manager such as whmcs which is what cpanel is doing i think.
DirectAdmin already has a plugin system; now it's up to the billing program folk who want to integrate at that level to use it.

My gut feeling is that people who are voting yes are voting for it to be included in DirectAdmin at the same price. Do you really think you can almost double the complexity of DirectAdmin and not add to costs? And do you think that DirectAdmin can end up with double the complexity without doubling the cost?

Personally, I'd rather have the choice.

Jeff

I personally choos no. We use another billing Tool to have all in one place.
We have also Windows Server with no DA on it. and manage all billings and orders seperate.

I think DA should concentrate on ServerAdmin not Billing stuff. There are still points which should be done first.

Back