Unable to backup an user

fmortara

Verified User
Hello,
I tried to backup all user of my server with admin_backup utility of DA.

One of my user, only one of user, are impossible to backed up and I receive from DA this error (even if I tried to backup the account into user backup utility and not in admin backup utility):

Unable to write /home/admin/admin_backups/regcar/backup/domain.ext/email/quota : Unable to stat /home/admin/admin_backups/regcar/backup/domain.ext/email/quota.temp for filesize after write
ConfigFile::removeFile(/home/admin/admin_backups/regcar/backup/domain.ext/email/quota) filename does not match

Error writing settings file for regcar_rhe
Error while backing up database regcar_rhe

Error Compressing the backup file /home/admin/admin_backups/regcar/backup/home.tar.gz :
gzip: stdout: Disk quota exceeded
/bin/tar: Child returned status 1
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
This is a problem of my server or DA problem?

It looks like it's probably a quota error. Check your user quotas.

Jeff

Yes, In this area I can see the user quotas, but I cannot see if it is corrupt...

Now, I have restored a backup, and I see that it is corruppted, the email of user are loose... :"(

How can I to do for resolve this problem? My hoster say to me that this is a Directadmin's problem...

PS, Sorry for my english...

Hello,

If you don't have enough space to save the backup files, then the backup creation will fail.
If you need more space, ask your host for more space.

Note that the disk usage in DA is only updated nightly.
You can check the realtime disk usage by either telling DA to update it:
User Level -> Site Summary / Stats / Logs -> Update disk usage (button 1/2 way down)

Or if you have ssh access, type:

quota -v

or

quota -v username

if you're running as root.

Information for Admin's, there is a setting in:
Admin Level -> Admin Settings
that you can set to something like 60% that disables User Backups if the User is using up more than 60% of his space (on the assumption a backup will use less than the raw data, hence it's not 50%)

John

Hello John,

No, I haven't a problem of space...

I have many users that complete regular backup...

One of this user complete regular backup of 1.3GB, and another one have this error for backup of 50MB... :eek:

I dont know...

Hello,

[CUT]..

that you can set to something like 60% that disables User Backups if the User is using up more than 60% of his space (on the assumption a backup will use less than the raw data, hence it's not 50%)

John
I dont understand...

My filesystem usage is:
Code:
Filesystem    Size    Used    Avail    Use% Mounted on 
/dev/sda1    9.7G    6.2G    3.3G    66%   / 
tmpfs        128M      0     128M     0%   /lib/init/rw 
tmpfs        128M      0     128M     0%    /dev/shm 
udev         128M      0     128M     0%    /dev
Where used included the backup of all user... any new backup overwrite the oldest..

You're not looking as user quotas; you're looking at space on the drive. John already posted how to check user quotas.

Jeff

Hello,

If you don't have enough space to save the backup files, then the backup creation will fail.
If you need more space, ask your host for more space.

You can check the realtime disk usage by either telling DA to update it:
User Level -> Site Summary / Stats / Logs -> Update disk usage (button 1/2 way down)

Or if you have ssh access, type:

quota -v

or

quota -v username

if you're running as root.

John

how can you change this so that DA updates 2 -3 times a day, the reason i ask is when i run a backup for example on user A whos quota is 1gb, and has used say 600mb, after the backup has completed it shows that user A now has over 1gb used, i assume this is because its counted the backup as part of the quota, but doesnt update the disk usage after i ftp to another server. So i would like to update the disk usage so it drops back to the pre backup level so the user is not over his quota and can function as normal.

Back