Debian 4.0 installation problems (migrate)

fossie

Verified User
Hello,

I was installing DA on a clean Debian 4.0r3 system, but have some issues and don't know if they can easily be fixed.

- The known thing about wget that doesn't support out of the box https:
Code:
apt-get install ca-certificates

- Fist point I've noticed:
When I did the install, setup asks for the license information, everything works, but when asking Debian 4.0 is that ok? I clicked yes, but in the license stands 3.1 and directadmin downloads servervices 3.1 (I'm installing on 4.0).
Is this a problem?

- First install (custombuild 1.1, standard in the setup script)
Code:
Tried to install mysql 4.1, php5 (as cgi) apache 1.3, no dovecot, 
I've selected the other install options
After completion; mysql wasn't working and ./build mysql didn't solve the problem. I saw that mysql 4.x is EOL and maybe not supported anymore in the near future. Thus I've tried another setup:
Code:
php5 (as cli), mysql 5.0, apache 2.2, rest more or less the same, no dovecot!)
Reoson why I don't want to install dovecot right now:
- I have to migrate accounts from one server to the new and on the old server dovecot isn't installed.

Everything seems to be ok, everything is working, but?
- restore a test account from server (currently in use) to the new server; ok
- Old server (mysql 4.1), new: 5.0: does something with the migration and I can't find what's wrong;
I can't login to the testsite with my username/password like before (CMS drupal 5.7). Is the data stored different in MySQL 5.0 tables? When I create a new site: same CMS (drupal 5.7) and I create the first user, same username and password as on the test site I've moved, I can login to the system (on new server). In the database 4.1 and 5.0 the two users do have identical password (encrypted). Maybe other info is stored differently?
- Another thing I saw, when I login via ssh, and go to the root of the users
Code:
home dir: 
/home/username
when I type: 
cd public_html
I see the domain name iso the public_html folder (like on the old server).

Is there something changed symbolic link wise?

Someone any idea for the migration?

Or install MySQL 4.1 on the new debian to start with and do an upgrade later, or install MySQL 5.0 and backup/restore account from old server without loosing the passwords stored in the database tables.

TIA,
Fossie

SOLVED: mysql 5.0

I just want to say that mysql 5.0 woks fine, the only thing I had to do is upgrade the drupal-site(5.1) to new version(5.7) of drupal, it seems that MySQL 5.0 handles keys (in the user table) different and that bug was solved in a later drupal release.

I'll hope this can help others with the same issue.

Fossie

Back