DirectAdmin Proxy

osmo

Verified User
Hi,

I was wondering if the DirectAdmin community can use an up-to-date proxy script for the DirectAdmin application(s).

The proxy script will allow you to access the DirectAdmin application(s) on port 80 instead of port 2222 (which is often blocked by corporate firewalls).

Please let me know what you think!

lkbryant,

As part of a larger effort, I have developed a generic proxy for Webhosting Control Panels and I have successfully tested this generic proxy with the DirectAdmin demos.

Now I am in need of a full-featured DirectAdmin account so I can test all DirectAdmin features and adapt the generic proxy to DirectAdmin.

Can someone help me out?

Last edited:
Bloory,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think a normal DirectAdmin user can change *.conf files.
The proxy script however can be installed by everyone (where he/she wants it), you just need PHP4 or PHP5 with the CURL library.

That code is based on the cpanelproxy code, which I have completely rewritten.
Some advantages:
1) Support for PHP4 and PHP5 (with optimizations)
2) 100% compatible with the global PHP variables $_GET, $_POST, $_FILES and $_COOKIE (content can be a variable or an array of variables).
3) Uses the CURL library, so no need to do all the low level socket programming ourselves. The CURL library has been tested by 1000s of people, and is therefor considered very stable and optimized.
4) Object-Oriented (with all its advantages).
5) Easy to install.

Now I just need some help to make the generic proxy 100% compatible with DirectAdmin.

Do you want to test my work so far?
DirectAdmin demo ( from http://www.directadmin.com/demo.html ) on port 80: http://jap4directadmin.j4php.org

The link I posted worked out of the box fully. No modifications needed that I remember.

The code in the link does not handle array data in $_GET, $_POST, $_FILES and $_COOKIE (phpMyAdmin for example will not work), etc.

I guess I missed the point. I thought we were talking about using a proxy with DiretcAdmin (esp to solve the port 2222 problem). Since phpmyadmin is not related to DirectAdmin then I must have been mistaken.

floyd,

I just gave an example of an application which relies on array data in the PHP global variables, namely phpMyAdmin (cpanel for example has integrated phpMyAdmin in their application). The discussion still is about DirectAdmin proxies.

I just want to offer the community a(n alternative) DirectAdmin proxy, because I think it might be handy.

I do not have access to a DirectAdmin account (just the demo), so I wonder if someone can grant me access to a DirectAdmin account so I can test the DirectAdmin proxy.

I have not had any problems with the other one. I let people use it who cannot use port 2222. I just checked it myself and I can add and delete domains, add and delete email accounts. I would say that at least $_POST and $_GET work. I admit I don't know much about php but this proxy seems to work ok with DirectAdmin. PhpMyadmin is a standalone product so that does not enter the picture.

But whatever work you do I am sure will be appreciated. Just didn't want you to reinvent the wheel.

could you try to do a untar in the filemanager? currently i use mod_proxy but untar just give blank page.

floyd,

Making this proxy is learning me alot about HTTP/HTTPS protocols and about PHP, so the effort is never wasted. And because you are a bit of a critic I would appreciate it if you would test my DirectAdmin proxy when it is ready. What do you say?

Last edited:
No I am not criticizing what you are doing at all. I was just saying that somebody has already done it. If you want to use it as a learning tool then that is great.

Back