Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PHP class for communicating with DA

PHP class for communicating with DA

Hey.

This is a small PHP class put together to help communicate with DirectAdmin. It is simple enough, and most anyone can make good use of it.

Current Version: v2.7.2
    Last updated 2014-03-18

Download: php-source or tarball

Numerous implementation examples are located here.

Pretty nifty, eh?
    Last edited by l0rdphi1; 01-06-2009 at 01:31 AM.
    Installatron Plugin is a native DirectAdmin plugin that provides you and your customers an intuitive interface to install, manage, upgrade, and backup/restore a premier collection of the best applications on the web, all instantly at the click of a button.

Also: cPanel-to-DA converterBulk Domains and Sub-domain PluginDA User Tool

An additional method is to simply use fopen(), file(), or getfilecontents() on the full URL. For example:

PHP Code:
    $diskUsage getfilecontents("http://user:pass@your.server.com:2222/CMD_API_SHOW_USER_USAGE?user=$some_user_name")

echo 
    "Disk Usage is: $diskUsage"
    Just another way of doing this... :) Thanks for sharing your method, I might put it to good use...
    Matt Savona
    serveIO
    Creator of the DirectAdmin Enhanced Theme

Originally posted by loopforever
    An additional method is to simply use fopen(), file(), or getfilecontents() on the full URL. For example:

PHP Code:
    $diskUsage getfileco [...] s$diskUsage"; 
    Just another way of doing this... Thanks for sharing your method, I might put it to good use...
    That doesn't work with the new sessions sytem. And plus you have to parse_strthe results
    Installatron Plugin is a native DirectAdmin plugin that provides you and your customers an intuitive interface to install, manage, upgrade, and backup/restore a premier collection of the best applications on the web, all instantly at the click of a button.

How would you send your information to CMD_ACCOUNT_USER to create an account?
    I made all the fields and such, but I'm unsure on how to send the info.

John said he'd be adding an API_ACCOUNT_USER soon, but right now I use:
    PHP Code:
            $fsock->request("/CMD_ACCOUNT_USER?username=$client_sql[client_uname]&email=".strtolower($client_sql[client_email])
    "&passwd=$client_sql[client_pword]&passwd2=$client_sql[client_pword]&domain=$client_sql[client_domain]"

."&bandwidth=".($client_sql[client_bandwidth]*1024)."&quota=$client_sql[client_storage]&uvdomains=ON&unsubdomains=ON"

."&unemails=ON&unemailf=ON&unemailml=ON&unemailr=ON&umysql=ON&udomainptr=ON&uftp=ON&aftp=ON&cgi=ON&ssl=ON"

."&suspend_at_limit=ON&skin=loopXv1&ip=$server_ip&add=Submit&action=create"); 
    $client_sql is an array of the user's data.

$server_ip the server's shared IP.

*Note: This example uses the version 1.xx of this class; you need the wrapper to continue in this fashion*
    Last edited by l0rdphi1; 11-22-2003 at 06:00 PM.

I edited my original post to include version 1.1 of the class.

I hadn't realized PHP's parse_str() function breaks when DA uses '&' characters in the returned string, and thus version 1.1 fixes this.

Additionally, I recently replied to this thread with the code I use to create DA accounts.

Enjoy,

Phi1.
    Last edited by l0rdphi1; 09-15-2003 at 12:23 AM.

Hi,

Looks interesting, what can it do exactly? Is it just for the API commands?

Cheers,
    Matt

Yeah, it's a simple tool for using DA's API. You could use it for other socket connections too though.

Thanks

I have one question, when this code is in actual working form, cant someone go "view source" and pull out your username and password for DA Login?
    B. Bryant
    Bryco PC Consulting and Internet Services
    P.O. Box 491, Mc Calla, AL 35111-0491
    http://www.BrycoPc.com/

Not that I'm aware of. Even if view-source worked for me, shouldn't it only display the HTML source, and not any of the PHP?

And incase you fear someone actually getting the PHP source: you could always encrypt the password making it at least a little harder to figure out.

Phi1.

I just updated to 1.2 to fix some problems with url encoded arrays.

Enjoy

How about having visitors create mailboxes?

How do you implement this in the class?

<form action=/CMD_EMAIL_POP method=POST>
    action=create
    domain=domain.com
    user=emailname (do not include @domain.com)
    passwd=password
    passwd2=password
    create=Create

???

You won't need a class if you're going to send it via a form, but then again, I'm not sure that will even work. Try it, if you please.

I can modify the class to support POST, but I won't get time enough for that until this weekend.

Phi1.

Just post the form to your own PHP script, which in turn parses the form and uses the DA communicating class to send the info on to DA

Matt

The problem as I take it is that DA's CMD_EMAIL_POP API doesn't take GET data. As I said though, I can add support for POST this weekend

this needs a little *bump* or a little bit of a sticky?

I'm currently in the process of rewriting this by the way. Will support both GET and POST, and fix a bug in the array_last_parsed method.

Feel free to sicky, if you like

Thanks for the sticky

We should see v2.0 today. Yay.

Okay, 2.0 is up. There have been a lot of changes.

I put together a wrapper for old versions, so you don't have to recode anything. Check that out here.

Enjoy
    Last edited by l0rdphi1; 01-22-2004 at 01:14 PM.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast