Server Build - Step by Step! Where can I find this? :)

snowweb

Verified User
Antipolo City, Rizal, Philippines (a British Natio
Hi Guys,

I'm about to embark on my first server build operation! I'm a network engineer by trade, but am new to Linux. I'm currently arranging a dedicated server which will come with just the OS installed (CentOS I believe, but could end up with Debian).

I'm looking for a good step by step reference to give me the order for installing all the software (eg. Apache, MySQL, DA, PHP, Antivirus, SpamAssassin, RoundCube, etc, etc.) Ideally, a guide which assumes I'm a complete idiot would be useful, which shows me exactly what to type.

Does anyone know of such a guide, so I can get my DirectAdmin running painlessly please?

Kind regards

Peter

Maybe CustomBuild FAQ will help you.

Thanks, but that thread says it is for rebuilding Apache and configuring PHP, I don't even have those or DA on my server yet!

Actually, for all I know DA might install Apache and PHP automatically, I have no idea and don't really know where to start looking. Even a step by step to install DA, listing existing requirements and dependencies would be a start.

I'll maybe use the thread you mentioned when optimizing the server after I've built it :)

pete

Back