Php 4.3.5

Php 4.3.5 has been released. To upgrade run the following as root:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
./build clean
./build update
./build php
John

Yes it will keep all your Zend Settings. The only problem I ran into was I also use mmcache and it needed to be recoompiled for this php 4.3.5. Of course it gave no indication that was the problem. On my Solaris box at home it just wouldn't load it, the DA box just didn't start the httpd service.

Luckily I quickly recompiled mmcache and apache started again happily.

So, if you use mmcache, you should plan on recompiling that as well, or your web server may not start.

It may keep the settings for Zend, but ZO is not forwards compatable in most cases (ie: it was setup for 4.3.4 and may need to be reinstalled for 4.3.5 , etc).

I had to upgrade Zend any way, I upgraded Whois.cart() and it needed at least version 2.5.0 Zend Optimizer.

Zend doesn't care too much about which version of php it is, but if you get something encoded with the latest version , then you need the latest optimizer to decode them. That is why I needed the upgrade.

Perhaps DA could include the latest version, I see the latest one for DA is still 2.1.0, while the latest Zend version is 2.5.1.

I cant see a standard php source package containing that, recompilation of php wont modify or harm webmail in any way also...

I can give you a fair bit of assurance that its got nothing to do with the php update.

Chris

specific bug in PHP 4.3.5 with fsockopen()

There is a confirmed bug with fsockopen() in PHP 4.3.5 - at least its confirmed for me :)

We got some clients complaining that webmail is not working after we upgraded to 4.3.5 yesterday. Checked and was getting fsockopen errors in logs

fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

Recompiled php 5 times changing options and even a suggested fix in ./main/php_config.h --- however, nothing worked.

Rolled back to PHP 4.3.4 and voila - it was working again. That's a confirmed bug in my books.

edit /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/build

Change the php version to 4.3.4

./build php

PHP 4.3.6 is now out.

Not many changes, but I suppose, it's worth the upgrade ;)

Back