> 512MB RAM
> 1X 160GB SATA HD
> Volume 2000GB data traffic
> Switch port: 100Mbps (FE)
> APC Remote Reboot (1 port)
> IP (2)
> CentOS
> DirectAdmin

And I choose DirectAdmin as Control panel and I uploaded my server but how can I open it ??, I heared something about an Remote Desktop but I don't know if Direct admin got an Remote Desktop.

If they have anybody can tell me where???

Thanks in advance,

Rick.

Rick,

Are you familiar with ssh? You will have to use ssh to manage your server unless you've also purchased server management from someone.

Hello,

Whats ssh exaclie???
are there any tutorials fromit?

And how can I buy that management ?????

can anybody give me links from progams or pics how to do.

Thanks in advance,

Rick.

Last edited:
Hi,

Sleepy - no offence but please do wake up!

Type this in your web browser - http://www.google.com - and when the web page shows up, type in "using ssh".

And if you don't know what a browser is, take another nap.

:)

@demz

Bedankt dat je me wilt helpen, heb je msn of een e-mail adres ik weet niet wat je onder een vergoeding verstaat en de kosten etc.

Groetjes Rick.

@Suhailc

I'm not an idot or somthing maybe I'm not kind of nerd like you??.
This my first time I rent an server, and I already looking for 2 days on the web but can't find somthing helpfull cuz I don't know where I must looking for or what SSH are.

So thanks for all other guys that will help me.

@Damz

Mwa laat maar ik ken het bedrijf ten eerste niet een bedrijfen zijn altijd zo profecioneel dat kost me te veel geld en allenmaal te ingewikkelt met e-mails sturen bablabal beetje onduidelijk allenmaal.

Ik heb mischien nog wel wat coneties dus ik zoek nog wel even verder, iniedergeval bedankt.

Groetjes Rick.

Sleepy, download an SSH program (like Putty) and use that to connect to your server. Once you are connected to your server, login with your root username and password. To access DirectAdmin after it is installed using the following guide go to http://www.yourdomain.com:2222 and login with your DirectAdmin username and password. If you need help installing DirectAdmin, you should contact DirectAdmin for support if you bought directly from DirectAdmin or your data center if they provided the DirectAdmin license. Hope this helps.

@Jlanders

Thanks dude, with your information can I do somthing names sites what I have to do!

Thanks man! :D:D

Rick.

If I try to conect with Putty he said: "Server unexpectedly closed network connection"

I't means that I can't conect with any progam to my server? :S

If I try to conect with Putty he said: "Server unexpectedly closed network connection"

I't means that I can't conect with any progam to my server? :S
If you cannot connect through SSH, then you will need to contact your host to find out why. If you give me a domain, I can see if SSH is even listening for a connection.

sleepy,

It appears that you've decided to rent a server running DirectAdmin and don't know anything about systems administration.

And if you don't know how to be a systems administrator youself, then you probably are probably better off if you can't get in to your server with a shell login; it's too easy to completely break the system.

I don't agree with the tone of some of the posts. But that said, you really need a systems administrator to help you if you have absolutely no experience yourself. Sure there's a lot of help available for Direct Admin (start here, but you really need a lot of systems administration knowledge and experience to run a DirectAdmin based server.

We and others offer systems administration help at a price, and you can often get specific help for specific questions here.

But some, for example, "why can't I login" are just beyond easy help.

If you really can't log in to your server either through a shell login or through the control panel, then the problem is most likely with your server and should be addressed by your hosting company.

After that, you probably should hire someone to help you with server administration while you learn.

Jeff

First time I rented a server there was something like this. I didn't know anything about administration ad I had to hire a sysadmin, who tuned the server so I could work with it. I suggest you to do the same

Back