proFTPD Problem

hostmb

Verified User
I have problem with proftpd...I just updated proftpd and when i cerate account on direct amdin users cant access their accounts via ftp...Always problem is with user info(pass),cant login to ftp wrong password...why?

Everything is ok,i can access my account and old clients,but new clients cant access... :S

Last edited:
So are they getting written to the virtual table?

The file is /etc/proftpd.passwd

And this line has to be in /etc/proftpd.conf

AuthUserFile /etc/proftpd.passwd

Problems again...I just create new ftp account on my admin account,user is written in /etc/proftpd.passwd in that file i can see that new user,but i cant log in with info??? :(
Does this line "/etc/proftpd.passwd" must be writted in "/etc/proftpd.conf" ?

This line has to be in /etc/proftpd.conf

Code:
AuthUserFile /etc/proftpd.passwd

still not working for me .. all user@domain are not working.. :mad: what can i do .. even with all the other post telling you have to chown ftp:ftp the proftpd.passwd .. it isnt working either anyone can help .. i happened when i did an upgrade of all the programs .. with the custombuild.

Yannick

I have a related problem where a user can connect, move a few files and then they get dumped.

I just tried it myself and I was using FileZilla. I tried to move a directory with about 2MB of directory and files within it. All directories were built on the server but no files would transfer.

Last edited:
I am also having problems getting ftp accounts created from within the domain to login.

I checked my proftpd.conf and the line AuthUserFile /etc/proftpd.passwd was in there.

All of the users that I create show up in proftpd.passwd and the users that are created from a domain show up with @username

My proftpd.vhosts.conf looks like this (with the IP digits ** out.)

Code:
<VirtualHost 64.251.23.***>
        ServerName              "ProFTPd"
        ExtendedLog             /var/log/proftpd/64.251.23.***.bytes WRITE,READ userlog
        AuthUserFile            /etc/proftpd.passwd

</VirtualHost>

</VirtualHost>

Does that look correct? Every account account I create from the user level FTP management will not loging. The FTP client always gives "login incorrect"

What else should I check? my proftpd.conf looks OK. I will post it in here if I need to

Back