FTP Logins for users with owned IP

AxlF

Verified User
Hi all,

I have a question:
Last week I wanted to get one seperate IP for a domain.
I crated a new User and assigned him the new IP. Then I created the domains and the FTP's. The only FTP Account that works is the one without the @domainname.tld.

I need to create seperate FTP Accounts for that domain! Why the other created FTP Accounts won't work for an owned IP.

Regards,
Alexander

What error do you get? ProFTPd is normally configured to allow access on all IP's for what I know.

What error do you get? ProFTPd is normally configured to allow access on all IP's for what I know.

Login Incorrect. Error 530.

I think the setup is o.k.

the proftpd.conf includes the proftpd.vhosts.conf and there is mentioned the correct ftp.passwd for that user

In the ftp.passwd is the username and the hashed pasword...

I'm having the same issue. The username and password look to be saved correctly in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/[reseller]/ftp.passwd. However proftp always says "no such user"

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm having the same issue. The username and password look to be saved correctly in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/[reseller]/ftp.passwd. However proftp always says "no such user"

Anyone have any ideas?

I would try to reinstall ProFTPd via Custombuild and check the config against the template-config in the directadmin template directory. (There should be the proftpd.vhosts added). In the vhosts file should your IP be listet with the correct path to /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/[reseller]/ftp.passwd .

The next step was my problem:
Quite simple:
I had to kill the running proftpd instance. I could not stop the process via Directadmin, and also not via restart script. (Another Server started without throwing a error message)
So I had to kill the process manually.

Then I started ProFTPd in the admin section of directadmin. From now, i could log in with all users.

Hope that helps

Regards,
Alexander

Back