Strange install problem

sky

Verified User
Hello all.
Sorry for non explicit title, but i cant find better... :rolleyes:

I have just installed Directadmin on a fresh server (fedora core 8).

All goes fine from what i can tell, but i cant access via http to the server.
But, i can ping the server, connect with ssh, and if i do a "wget 127.0.0.1" i receive a correct code 200.

But, when i access the server via my browser using the IP so i can connect to DA or just look if Apache is working, i cant connect... timeout or 404 depending on the browser.

I have not installed a firewall.

When i restart apache, i get this in the log/httpd/error_log :
[Tue Sep 02 18:19:01 2008] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Tue Sep 02 18:19:02 2008] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost' does NOT match server name!?
[Tue Sep 02 18:19:02 2008] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
[Tue Sep 02 18:19:03 2008] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost' does NOT match server name!?
[Tue Sep 02 18:19:03 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 PHP/5.2.6 configured -- resuming normal operations

(i have re installed 2 times DA and done a ./build update all once)

If someone can help, i would be greatfull.

Ho, the IP is : 91.121.183.75.

Thanks,
Sky

Hello

Thx for your reply, but for the moment im not concentrating of that error. Im not sure it is bad.

Well, i found a first problem ... there whas a firewall by default. Before Fedora core 8, there whas not a default firewall.

So i stop the firewall and now i got access to the server and the DA panel. Good :)

But, now i have DNS problem's. I have set up like 4 or 5 servres with DA, but this time i cant figure out what is whrong.

The domain im using is tonserveur.com
(ns1 and ns2 with the ip's belonging to each)

When i check the DNS via checkdns.net, i get a error with the first record ... and the 2nd is not authoritative. You can look here : www.checkdns.net/quickcheck.aspx?domain=tonserveur.com&detailed=1

Thanks for any help out there !
Sky

Are those IP#s shown at checkdns.net both pointing to your DirectAdmin server? If so, then make sure you've got valid DNS records on your server.

Jeff

Hello
Thks for your reply, but a whrote to the DA and they changed the Named boot script if i understand correctly. So all is fine now :)

(i'm now on debian 4)

Sky

Back