user suspended

area62

Verified User
Hello,

To test some things on directadmin i created a user with 10 mb disk space. I disabled the option suspend at limit, but when i reach the 10 mb limit i can't upload anymore. Is this a bug or do i have to modify another option.

Hello,

To test some things on directadmin i created a user with 10 mb disk space. I disabled the option suspend at limit, but when i reach the 10 mb limit i can't upload anymore. Is this a bug or do i have to modify another option.
This is correct, you can't use for example 500GB if you just have 250GB.

The option "Suspend at Limit" means that if you got above your bandwidth you won't be suspended. And the guest still can check your site.

Hello,

Correct, suspension (by default) only applies to bandwidth, not disk usage.
The system quota's for disk usage will simply cap, but not suspend the account for hitting the limit, thus you cannot upload anymore. This isn't supsension, just a full account.

If you do want to actually suspend the account for disk usage (usually not a great idea), you can here: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=713

Suspending account will change his domain.com to show a suspended page in apache and prevent him from logging in. For disk usage, it's not a good idea because the user is not able to delete anything if he can't login, hence the physical cap but non-suspension is usually what people use.

John

What I want is that I receive a mail that someones goeds over his limit (diskspace). That';s what happens now. But that he will still be able to use his email. And of coure use more space, but than he will have no problems.

I can than email him or her and ask to lower his diskspace, or else I will be charging them.

The reason the user can't receive email when he goes over quota is because the quota is hard set in your OS kernel.

Perhaps you should consider turning off quota support for the partition on which the email is stored.

Jeff

It sounds like to me that you do not want him suspended either. You just want the email. I think that can be done by unchecking "Suspend At Limit." I believe you will still get the email that they have gone over the limit. But I have not tested it.

It sounds like to me that you do not want him suspended either. You just want the email. I think that can be done by unchecking "Suspend At Limit." I believe you will still get the email that they have gone over the limit. But I have not tested it.

No that's not working. NOT SUSPENDING means that if they use to much bandwidth they are NOT suspended, so their website stays online. But if they use to much diskspace, the mail (and ftp etc) is not working anymore because it's full.

Read my post above; the inability to receive the email is triggered by the OS's quota limit.

Jeff

Back