Openssh centos 5.2

CentOS5

Verified User
I am moving servers to centos from freebsd, just had a look at ssh -v and shows OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.8b 04 May 2006, i have run yum update and yum upgrade, doesnt seem to be any updates even though openssh 5.1 is out.

Do i need to worry about this or do centos just patch and not update the ssh version?

Thanks

former freebsd user.

Code:
rpm -q openssh-server

openssh-server-4.3p2-26.el5_2.1

I believe the 26 gets incremented with each patch. Or maybe its one of the other numbers. But the main version number does not change.

Code:
rpm -q openssh-server

I believe the 26 gets incremented with each patch. Or maybe its one of the other numbers. But the main version number does not change.

Hi Floyd

thanks for that, i get the same openssh-server-4.3p2-26.el5_2.1

Thanks again

RedHat (and therefore CentOS) use the same main number throughout the life of an OS Version. They update the minor numbers as they backport changes. Try to update using yum. If you get the same number then you're at the latest version.

Jeff

RedHat (and therefore CentOS) use the same main number throughout the life of an OS Version. They update the minor numbers as they backport changes. Try to update using yum. If you get the same number then you're at the latest version.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

Back