DA dead.. Error 104 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED):

WholesaleDialup

Verified User
I just made a simple password change to an end user account, then the result page that came back which says the change was successful had broken images in it. I thought the broken images was odd but didn't worry too much. I then tried to go back by click the back link at the bottom but got nothing.

At this point my DA server is down, at least the CP portion of it.

I only get this in my browser:
Error 104 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED): The attempt to connect to the server failed.

I have tried to restart DA several times and it restarts fine.

It's seems to be serving pages, email etc. with no problem. I can SSH etc.. Just no access to the DA control panel at all.

Help??

I have no tried a reboot but prefer to only do this as a last resort as it's not likely in my opinion to fix my issue.

Actually you can probably safely ignore the error message I posted, it probably doesn't mean much. That error message only comes up when I use Google's new Chrome browser. When I use IE 7 I don't really get any error message, page just doesn't come up.

This appears to be only an issue on my connection.. Seems it's probably a port blocking issue with the ISP I am using. I will need to contact them.

Sorry to bother the forum.. :confused:

Can someone tell me if the "Blacklist IPs for excessive login attempts" is forever? For example, if I set it to 10.. What period of time does it allow up to 10 failed logins before it blocks the IP?

I got blocked from my own server and I just set this setting a few days ago. I find it hard to believe the I had 10 failed logins to my own server over the last few days since I set this.

Either way, I just need to know over what period of time this is set for.

Thanks!
:D

dejavu? search the forums. I just responded to that kind of question.

Hello,

The time is 120 seconds since the last attempt, cleared out by the dataskq. If you've changed your dataskq to run less often, then that changes the time to each time the dataksq runs.

To remove yourself from the list, edit:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_blacklist

To prevent yourself from being blacklisted, add your IP to:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_whitelist

(1 IP per line)

John

Back