CReate innodb database with api

depixelfabriek

Hi all,

I would like to know if it possible to create (or alter) a (mysql) database using the innoDB storage engine instead of the (default) MyISAM engine (using the direct admin API).

Maybe there is a other way to change or create these storage engine setting, for example using some php scripting, i am just looking for an solution, so of course i am open for alternatives..

Thanks anyway,

Sebastian

Does it mean, that directadmin doesn't support InnoDB?

I mean "Create new Database", "Check", "Repair" and "Optimize" functions via Directadmin.

P.S. It's not a problem to re-compile MySQL with InnoDB for me.

DirectAdmin does not have anything to do with mysql.

I mean "Check", "Repair" and "Optimize" functions via Directadmin.

DirectAdmin does not perform these functions at all regardless of what the storage engine is, MyISAM or InnoDB.

DirectAdmin does create the database but this has nothing to do with storage engines for individual tables since DA does not create the tables.

Ok, that's clear about creating a database.

Directadmin does allow to check, repair and optimize tables of selected databases (see http://your-server:2222/CMD_DB?DOMAIN=your-domain).

Does directadmin use mysqladmin for optimizing tables? And myisamchk for checking and reparing? So if it's true, then how about InnoDB?

Ok, I will test it myself. I've got reinstalled mysql from sources with InnoDB

Ok, I will test it myself. I've got reinstalled mysql from sources with InnoDB

That's seems to me working fine. At least no error messages have occured while/after checking and optimizing InnoDB tables in the selected database.

Repair failed with message:

The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair

Back