File Manager and FTP problem on .htaccess file

SeLLeRoNe

Super Moderator
Hi,

a customer sent me a problem that he got in DirectAdmin and FTP.

When he log into FTP account he is not able to see .htaccess file, i think is a problem in ftp configuration and i would like to know how to solve it, what ive to enable or check into proftpd.conf file (if is that the file to edit).

When he use File Manager (DirectAdmin) he see .htaccess but when click for edit/open it, DirectAdmin reply that the file doesnt exist, i think it depend from a programming error about the "." of .htaccess file, how can i fix it?

Thanks for support

Regards

Using the default proftpd.conf the display of dot files should be enabled. Did you change anything in your proftpd.conf file?

I didnt edited that file, but... maybe and upgrade changed it... Is strange cause i never edited that file and it worked till some time ago, the customer noticed me just today

Thanks for your fast replies

Make sure the variable "ListOptions -a" is in the /etc/proftpd.conf file.

You can try adding it it shouldnt hurt anything.

It is but it open a page with:
Code:
# ~/.bash_profile: executed by bash(1) for login shells. # see /usr/share/doc/bash/examples/startup-files for examples. # the files are located in the bash-doc package. # the default umask is set in /etc/login.defs #umask 022 # include .bashrc if it exists if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then . ~/.bashrc fi # the rest of this file is commented out. # set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists #if [ -d ~/bin ] ; then # PATH=~/bin:"${PATH}" #fi # do the same with MANPATH #if [ -d ~/man ]; then # MANPATH=~/man${MANPATH:-:} # export MANPATH #fi

for example this is .bash_profile

Back