cron job result in "Error Creating Cron Job"...

mikeymike

Verified User
Hi!
I want to run a php-script using cron. When createing a cron job using:
/usr/local/bin/php /home/bralive/domains/bratillbattre.se/public_html/openx/scripts/maintenance/maintenance.php

I get the result:
"
Error Creating Cron Job

Details"
(but no details)

If I edit the script I get:
"Error while saving changes

Details"

And if I delete a cron job I get:
"
Error Deleting Cron Job(s)

Details
"

A lot of errors and not so much details... So what could be wrong? What can I do? :confused:

BR,
Mikael

Mikael, if you can't find an answer to your problem and there are no deetails in the DirectAdmin error log, you may need to contact DirectAdmin Support.
I don't see any obvious errors in what you're trying to run, so there may be an error in how DirectAdmin parses the input line.

Jeff

xml-rpc

No errors in /var/log/directadmin/error.log related to the cron job...

Maybe the problem is related to the xml-rpc?? Does the xml-rpc need to be enabled to run cron jobs?

If it is the xml-rpc that causing the problem - how can I activate it? Re-compiling of php?

The command:
root@vps10167:~# /usr/local/bin/php /home/bralive/domains/
bratillbattre.se/public_html/openx/scripts/maintenance/
maintenance.php

Result in:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './
php_xmlrpc.dll' - ./php_xmlrpc.dll: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Thanks,
Mike

I asked the support of my hosting (Glesys) if they could give me guidance activating the xml-rpc.. They said they didn't know how to activate it... Instead they said that they could spend 1 hour and $85 to find out how to activate xml-rpc.. And then they could say how much it would cost to actually activate xml-rpc...

Not a very satisfying reply...

Not a very satisfying reply...

Maybe not but everybody is in business to make money.

You probably should not start a separate discussion about xmlrpc under the current thread about cron errors since they are not even related.

Back to the topic:

Since you cannot create the cron job and you cannot edit the file, it sounds like your hard drive may be in read only mode or has filled up to 100% capacity.

Back