Happy new year for you and your family

jnet

Verified User
I Jnet wish you (who is reading this) a blessed , fruitful, happy 2009
May Jesus Christ (if you believe him) take care of you, Send his angles
to protect you where ever you go , May he guard your heart and mind.
If you have a bad business May your business prosper. If you have a bad relationship with a family member May he bring you together .
May he bless Direct Admin with a lot of customers and all who here spend their time to help others may he give them power and health to keep the good work.

Make it short.
A beautiful year.:)

Now reply Amen...to have all these yours

Amen is a hebrew word; a TLA (three letter [in hebrew] acronym) for ’El melekh ne’eman (meaning God King who is trustworthy in translation). It's often translated as "so be it"; in Jewish tradition it has the effect as if you had said the preceeding prayer yourself.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a hebrew keyboard here; perhaps someone who does will post in hebrew both the acronym and the words for which it stands. All that said, copied from my sig (which will change tomorrow):

My best wishes for the Holidays and also
for a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I wish I could learn Hebrew, I know 3 languages but not hebrew.

Amen is a hebrew word; a TLA (three letter [in hebrew] acronym) for ’El melekh ne’eman (meaning God King who is trustworthy in translation). It's often translated as "so be it"; in Jewish tradition it has the effect as if you had said the preceeding prayer yourself.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a hebrew keyboard here; perhaps someone who does will post in hebrew both the acronym and the words for which it stands. All that said, copied from my sig (which will change tomorrow):

My best wishes for the Holidays and also
for a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year!

Jeff

My sister lived in Tel Aviv-Yafo, and she told me the word "Amen" in hebrew word is "אמן", but I have no ideal how to say it :p

Thanks, sintsu. Hebrew is written from right to left (since it exited before english, we're the ones who are backwards :)).

The letters, from right to left, are:

aleph
mem
nun-soffit

(nun-suffit is the version of nun which appears at the end of the word.

It's pronounced "aw-main".

Note that hebrew usually doesn't use vowels; the aleph is a silent letter.

Jeff

You are right Jeff, I saw their windows XP also from right to left, the "start" icon with a window also in the right side of the bottom menu, looks very strange to me at the first time.

Yes, just like arabic, hebrew is a rtl language and not ltr .

And the word you saw in the right side of the bottom menu was "התחל" ( the translation of start haha;))

If anybody here need hebrew lessons, I would love too ;) haha.

Happy new year guys.

Back