how to login at atmail with a system account (non virtual email-user) ?

njm

Verified User
hi...

i've a user account on a DA server with 10 virtual email users.
All virtual users can login at atmail with USER @ DOMAIN.

the problem is that the system account (the owner of the domain) have a working email account...that he can work with roundcube and uebimiau...but he can't login with atmail .

i've tested and all system accounts cant login through atmail.

any help on the subject?

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
no one using atmail webmail client ?!

i do you login with client account (no virtual email account) ?

same here, i just can't login with the owner account.

Anyone got a solution, because i really like Atmail Open, but i can't give my clients this webmail untill the owner-account can login.

I've moved the thread because atmail is not part of DirectAdmin; it's third party software.

My recollection is that this was discussed some time ago. Have you searched these forums for other threads on atmail?

Jeff

Sorry Jeff, but it IS a part of DA :) However, it's turned off by default in the options.conf file of the CustomBuild script.

Sorry 'bout that :). I guess I mixed that. I've moved the thread (again).

Has anyone been able to solve the problem (system users)?

Jeff

Hello,

I found this:
http://forum.atmail.com/viewtopic.php?id=1047

Then ran into this:
http://forum.atmail.com/viewtopic.php?id=225

So I'm also having difficulties with this. I'm not convinced that it's easily possbile to have atmail work with usernames.

Note that atmail used to be enabled by default with a DA install, but we removed it quite a while back, as the login forms are not completely correct for the DA setup, as we can see.

Jonn

I just tried to make it work without the domain part, but after one hour I still am cutting and hacking the code, throwing in security threats and possible bugs at every modification... so I stopped.

Bottom line, the code is awful and I wouldn't even consider using it when working, with the domain part. The GUI is outstanding, but internally it's just a huge mess.

I was just about to start using it as our default client (our clients are told to not use email at the default username).

However, tillo, you've scared me.

Do you have any specific reasons we shouldn't use it?

Thanks.

Jeff

No, there isn't.
I haven't seen any particular security threat or bug, it's just that I hate many choices the authors made for the internal design. It's a personal thing ;) sorry if I haven't specified.

Back