Is it possible to change admin email password but not change admin's DA password?

darkus

Verified User
It seems like a bad idea to use the same admin password in outlook to check my email which is the same as my admin login to the DA control panel. Outlook checks its email in an insecure fashion I believe so I thought it might be a good idea to have two different passwords, one for the control panel login and one for email. However the admin email address doesn't have the option to change password..

Any ideas?

Most people only want to remember one password. Maybe this should be moved to feature request. If you want an option to have a seperate email password from account password.

I thought it might be a good idea to have two different passwords, one for the control panel login and one for email.

How about just forwarding your admin email to another email account.

But is my thinking wrong that its very insecure to have my DA admin password being sent out every time my outlook polls for new emails?

But is my thinking wrong that its very insecure to have my DA admin password being sent out every time my outlook polls for new emails?

That is correct. That is why you should forward your admin email to another account. See post #3.

Back