Straightforward Question/Answer needed

sebaseba

I've only used cPanel until now and I'm new at this control panel, which confuses me and I need some clear answers.

Since I have admin access, on my own server, am I able or not to setup new domains directly from within the "admin" interface?

Or do I have to create a "reseller" from which to set-up new domains?

Or do I have to create a new account from within the "reseller" and log-in the "user" interface to create new domains?

I will only be using the server for 1 domain, so which way makes more sense to achieve this task?

Thanks for all your help.

There are 3 levels admin, reseller and user. You can only create a user when you switch to reseller level access. As an admin you can switch between admin, reseller and user levels. If you are only using the control panel for yourself you can just switch to user level and start adding domains. If you wish to make packages for sale though you should create them under the reseller level. I am not sure which skin you are using but on the standard skin on the right side you can choose which level you want to be under admin, reseller or user. There is alot more information on http://site-helper.com too.

I've only used cPanel until now and I'm new at this control panel, which confuses me and I need some clear answers.

Since I have admin access, on my own server, am I able or not to setup new domains directly from within the "admin" interface?

Yes. admin is also a reseller and a user.

Or do I have to create a "reseller" from which to set-up new domains?

No

Or do I have to create a new account from within the "reseller" and log-in the "user" interface to create new domains?

No

I will only be using the server for 1 domain, so which way makes more sense to achieve this task?

You can do it any way you want.

I understand, so I log in as Admin, then switch to User and add the domain there.

Do I still have to create a Package in Admin before this can be achieved? Or is everything set to Unlimited space, bandwidth, etc. and I can start adding the domain immediately.

Back