Interest in iPhone Application?

truenegative

Verified User
I'm curious if anyone would be interested in an iPhone application for access to the DA panel. I'm just getting into some iPhone programming and I thinking of making some apps that I know I would use.

Would you pay 0.99 for it?

Thoughts?

It would be interesting to see the thing you can do with it. Depending on that I would of course pay 0.99 for it (even more if it does something really special etc)

I'd pay far more than 99¢ for it, if it was fully featured. The ability to be able to set up email addresses and accounts and manage various bits and pieces whilst at conferences or on vacation would be hugely beneficial.

I'd pay far more than 99¢ for it, if it was fully featured. The ability to be able to set up email addresses and accounts and manage various bits and pieces whilst at conferences or on vacation would be hugely beneficial.

I can do all this via Opera Mini on my Blackberry ;)

Good idea. I think restrictions on those apps come mostly from apple.

I am now using Safari and its pretty ok tbh.

I'd be willing to pay significantly more than $.99 for mobile access to DA, maybe up to $15.

There are, as I see it, two routes here. The first is to build an application that will access DirectAdmin via the API. The second, maybe easier, route would be to build a mobile template/theme for DA that looks like a native iPhone application.

For me the latter would be easier, but I have no experience with cocoa.

Regarding access via blackberry vs. iphone: Of course DA works in safari on iphone, it just doesn't feel like an iPhone application- it looks like a webpage rendered on a tiny little screen. A native application or a stylesheet specifically for iphone/mobile devices would far superior to the current situation.

Best of luck if you're pursuing this. I do think there is a market.

What's limiting the iphone - the port?
I've never tried on a smartphone, but I've been told that some providers do block some ports.

Who's your cell provider?

Can you shell in as well?

I'm looking for a new phone to carry around; Sprint is my provider, at least for the forseeable future.

Jeff

I'm using my iPhone 3g to access directadmin and I can't see any sense to use a dedicated application to do so.

Safari runs directadmin site smoothly

I'm going to be developing a custom iPhone app for our company to access both DA and WHMCS. Then I think I'll develop a custom DA generic or maybe offer custom solutions for other people.

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in an iPhone application for access to the DA panel. I'm just getting into some iPhone programming and I thinking of making some apps that I know I would use.

Would you pay 0.99 for it?

Thoughts?

Of course i will gonna pay man but the condition is it should be fully featured and based on that it may be possible i would pay you even more..
So lets see what you gonna do..
Hope we will get something fruitful...:)
iphone Skin

We're still working on our new website before we can begin development on the app. Sorry for the delay! :)

1) There's not going to be enough interest in an iPhone app for running DirectAdmin to make a 99c product a viable commercial project; if you're going to do it, do it because you want it and need it.

2) Make it for my Android phone :). After all, the Android phones are all built on Linux.

Jeff :D

I've never tried on a smartphone, but I've been told that some providers do block some ports.

DirectAdmin should be available on cp.domein.tld for example. Use mod_proxy to connect the subdomain to localhost:2222. This should not me more than 5 lines of code in a httpd.conf. Users behind a corporate firewall can access DA to now.

No, it's not Linux. And neither is the Darwin kernel.

And the iPhone is much more closed than Android phones by Google.

Jeff

Back