[PLUGIN] ConfigServer Security & Firewall

Thanks Chirpy, this is a great product. I've been using it a week now and I've tweaked some settings, but otherwise, it works great right out of the box. Very nicely done.

hi,

i'm using latest csf version....

late week i've made a massive OS upgrade in one DA server ( CentOS 5.2 to 5.3).
and since then i've, recieving lfd integrity check failures from all my system. i'm sure it was from the update.

although i recieve that same email everyday. and i can find a fix for it.

anyone experiencing the same issue ?!

is there any workaround for this?

PS - csf is really great with a very good performance, thanks for this app!

Sometime recently, the ConfigServer Firewall&Security link in DA now leads to a DA page with a blank content area. I tried reinstalling CSF to no avail. Any clues?

[edit] Figured it out. It was because /usr/bin/perl wasn't given the correct permissions.

Last edited:
Hi

thanks for this good how-to

my box is centOS5+Apache2

I see your warning about this, is this still the same?

I did a manual install, no errors overall and start CSF from SSH

However, I could not see a CSF link on DA interface

I saw some people said manual install fixed, but not working here

Hello ikillbill,

I haven't installed this interesting Plugin yet but maybe you have to restart Directadmin to get the link shown.

Code:
service directadmin restart

works for me on CentOS 5.3. If that doesn't work for you, try

Code:
/sbin/service directadmin restart

Regards
Wolfgang

I recive this error in check security whith CSF
Unable to resolve nameserver [ns2.***.com] within 5 seconds
AND
At least one of the configured nameservers:
ns1.***.com
ns2.***.com
should be located in a topologically and geographically dispersed location on the Internet - See RFC 2182 (Section 3.1)
how to resolve this?

hello
. in my new vps after i have install and run csf. all the ports block and noone can access to server.as i must disable it by hypervm concole.

Last edited:
you must config it and opened neccesary ports like da port , mysql port , named .....

I know thats why I have asked about plans. Maybe they could make "CSF for FreeBSD" which wouldnt depend ot Linux kernel or Iptables?

This thread is in the 3rd Party Software subforum; that means the software works with DirectAdmin but it's not part of DirectAdmin.

Jeff

Back