[PLUGIN] ConfigServer Security & Firewall

Is there a way we can export ALL the setting of CSF so i can have same setting for 3 servers.

This can also work as a backup of the settings

As you can see in the config page, you can configure CSF in cluster: you can have one master server and the others configured as slave servers.

From the master you can configure all servers.

hi. i have install csf on my openvz VPS

i try iptables test and its my output:

Testing ip_tables/iptable_filter...OK
Testing ipt_LOG...OK
Testing ipt_multiport/xt_multiport...OK
Testing ipt_REJECT...OK
Testing ipt_state/xt_state...OK
Testing ipt_limit/xt_limit...OK
Testing ipt_recent...OK
Testing ipt_owner...OK
Testing iptable_nat/ipt_REDIRECT...OK

RESULT: csf should function on this server

but when csf is on.my server will down and block all of access untill i stop it via concole

I've installed CSF (on DA!), and every action I do, I get:
Code:
Undefined subroutine &Cpanel::Version::gettree called at /etc/csf/csf.pl line 175.

I installed this plugin on Centos 5.3, 5.4 last year, and they've been working fine.
http://www.configserver.com/free/csf.tgz

Just tried to intall it on a fresh Centos 5.5 (32 bit ver.), got the following error:

Results

Details

csf successfully downloaded
plugin.tar.gz extracted
No install.sh script was found. Script not executed.
Error with install script

Tried to delete it and installed it again, but got the same error.

I installed this plugin on Centos 5.3, 5.4 last year, and they've been working fine.
http://www.configserver.com/free/csf.tgz

Just tried to intall it on a fresh Centos 5.5 (32 bit ver.), got the following error:

Results

Details

csf successfully downloaded
plugin.tar.gz extracted
No install.sh script was found. Script not executed.
Error with install script

Tried to delete it and installed it again, but got the same error.
if you used install.sh then how could it be missing?!

try the install.directadmin.sh...

I tried to install it via the DA plugin manager (used to work fine). Will try to install it manually!
Just untar and exec ./install.directadmin.sh only, right?

I installed this on my server, and now my DA Admin Panel is inaccessible as the "License is Expired". My datacenter said the license is valid and that the firewall is blocking the license update service of DA.

So...here I am with a server which myself and my clients cannot log into the control panel of as it "appears" that csf is blocking DA from issuing a new license. And suggestions?

Last edited:
I installed this on my server, and now my DA Admin Panel is inaccessible as the "License is Expired". My datacenter said the license is valid and that the firewall is blocking the license update service of DA.

So...here I am with a server which myself and my clients cannot log into the control panel of as it "appears" that csf is blocking DA from issuing a new license. And suggestions?

Open port 2222 from csf.conf.
The default configuration it's good but sometimes fails.

Open port 2222 from csf.conf.
The default configuration it's good but sometimes fails.

Both ports 2222 and 443 are open according to my csf.conf file.

Looking to delete this but used the plugin method to install so not sure if the sh uninstall.directadmin.sh will work or if I should us the rm -rf /etc/csf method and what the ramifications of removing this software will be and IF the DA license service will again work or not.

(have to get this fixed as wife wants me to add her new website to the server and no can do/access control panel until it is fixed. Ever have a mad wife? Then you know the pressure I am under.....yowsers mama mia)

Be sure that CSF has ports opened for both incoming and outgoing traffic.

What are you trying to uninstall? CSF? If the uninstall.directadmin.sh script is supplied by the CSF installation, then it may be what you use to remove it; I don't know, as I don't use CSF.

You can read the script through any text editor and see what it does.

You can shut your firewall off with:
Code:
# service iptables stop
However it wil probably restart when you reboot the server, and even sooner if csf has a monitor script or if it's monitored through DirectAdmin. Perhaps you should install the copy of the KISS script from my website; it's already got code in it to mange port 2222.

Jeff

try using csf -x

Check your csf.conf

CSF it's a good firewall but the configuration in some case can turn complicated.

Good luck with csf and wife :D

Hello, it's possible to stop sending alert mail and only write logs?

I've tried to modify mail templates, etc but I always see mails in exim queue...

Thanks

link not shown

Hi,

I install config server as the install.txt say but the link is not into the admin panel anymore.
How to fix it?

Hope this helps someone.

Linode CentOS 5.5 32
Latest version of CFS
DA Version 1.361

I used these install instructions;
http://www.configserver.com/free/csf/install.txt

Code:
perl /etc/csf/csftest.pl
Testing ipt_owner...FAILED [Error: iptables: Unknown error 4294967295] - Required for SMTP_BLOCK and UID/GID blocking features

ipt_owner does exist

Once installed if test is run from DA plugin it passes, so should not be a problem.

Hope this helps someone.

Linode CentOS 5.5 32
Latest version of CFS
DA Version 1.361

I used these install instructions;
http://www.configserver.com/free/csf/install.txt

Code:
perl /etc/csf/csftest.pl
Testing ipt_owner...FAILED [Error: iptables: Unknown error 4294967295] - Required for SMTP_BLOCK and UID/GID blocking features

ipt_owner does exist

Once installed if test is run from DA plugin it passes, so should not be a problem.

Ok disregard this. Even though It passes the check via Plugin it will still fails when you try to restart csf/lfd. You will not be able to take it out of test mode so it' unless to me. I'll report back if I manage to resolve it but it's not looking good.

Back