Retry Error, Set Guid Error, Exim Broken.

ldjnetworks

Verified User
I have a problem with Exim, I tried searching around here but I didn't find anyone with a similar issue. When I try and send email to an address on the server it bounces back with

Code:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
   retry timeout exceeded

On further inspection of exim mainlog I see this:

Code:
2009-02-17 16:39:44 1LZYbO-0004cV-Tw => [email protected] F=<> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp S=2711 H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [209.85.133.114] C="250 2.0.0 OK 1234910384 c14si9008912ana.21"
2009-02-17 16:39:44 1LZYbO-0004cV-Tw Completed
2009-02-17 16:50:29 1LZXjm-0002eo-LM unable to set gid=12 or uid=506 (euid=8): domain_filter router (recipient is [email protected])
2009-02-17 16:50:29 1LZXjm-0002eo-LM internal problem in domain_filter router (recipient is [email protected]): failure to transfer data from subprocess: status=0100 readerror='Success'
2009-02-17 16:50:29 1LZXjm-0002eo-LM == [email protected] R=domain_filter defer (-1): internal problem in domain_filter router (recipient is [email protected]): failure to transfer data from subprocess: status=0100 readerror='Success'

So I take a look in exim.conf for domain_filter and I have this

Code:
domain_filter:
  driver = redirect
  allow_filter
  no_check_local_user
  condition = "${if exists{/etc/virtual/${domain}/filter}{yes}{no}}"  
  user = "${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}"
  group = "mail"
  file = /etc/virtual/${domain}/filter
  directory_transport = address_file
  pipe_transport = virtual_address_pipe
  retry_use_local_part
  no_verify

That looks ok to me so I ran

/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/set_permissions.sh

That had no effect. I found a google blog with a fix which says to set the suid bit on the exim binary, but it is already set.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running 4.67. It's a fresh, new install. I tried the instructions at the post below to no avail.

You're actually 2 versions behind. Do an update via custombuild and hopefully that clears it up.

sorry I'm kind of a noob here.

I did

cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build update_versions

Is that right? If so I still have the same problem...

Thanks again for your help.

Can anyone help? I can't send email either which means I can't reset customers passwords or anything. When I try and send a mail with DirectAdmin I get "Error: Message could not be sent" and thats it.

Thanks

Bump. Please help, I've exhausted all my options. I've even contacted DirectAdmin support by email. I haven't gotten a response yet but its only been a few hours. I really need to get this resolved and I have Google'd until my fingertips were sore. Can anyone on the DirectAdmin staff take a look for me, I'll provide whatever info is needed.

I purchased a lifetime license of DirectAdmin, followed the instructions and installed it. Everything seemed smooth, I moved a few domains over and then realized email doesn't work.

I'm using Exim 4.67, I've run a custombuild update as advised and it still reports 4.67. I can't send or receive email. The error in the log is posted above.

Thanks in advance.

Ok so it's fubar'd. Can anyone tell me how to remove exim/dovecot/spamassassin and reinstall it? I'd reinstall all of directadmin but I have live domains on it.

Thanks

Sure

-rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 808520 Apr 22 2007 /usr/sbin/exim

If it means anything bash has highlighted /usr/sbin/exim in red.

Ok now I feel stupid, I've been working on this for 2 days now. Thanks squirrel :D

LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 1
LABEL=/home /home ext3 defaults,usrquota,grpquota 1 2
LABEL=/tmp /tmp ext3 noexec,nosuid,rw 1 2
LABEL=/usr /usr ext3 defaults,nosuid 1 2
LABEL=/var /var ext3 defaults 1 2
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
LABEL=SWAP-sda6 swap swap defaults 0 0

happens all the time. I picked up a server at Hivelocity recently.
Not complaining, but they do 'hardening' before handing it over, and this was never mentioned at all!! So I had to 'chflags noschg' all over the place, and remove nosuid from /etc/fstab before I could even get started.

I must have set it when I was trying to set /tmp noexec,nosuid. Anyway thanks again, I owe you a pint.

Cheers!

Back