Latest Exim RPM's (standard and exiscan patched versions)

I am using Exim 4.5 with Centos 4, I just comment away the old demime line and everything works fine

jkrachter said:
wanted to install the patch on CentOS (RHEL3) today.
I downloaded http://files.directadmin.com/services/3.4/da_exim-4.50-2.i386.rpm for my CentOS 3.4, but received next error:

exim]# rpm --force -Uvh da_exim-4.50-2.i386.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
1:da_exim ########################################### [100%]

after setting the config:
exim]# /etc/init.d/exim restart
Shutting down exim:
Starting exim: 2005-06-14 20:31:05 Exim configuration error in line 558 of /etc/exim.conf:
error in ACL: unknown ACL condition/modifier in "demime = vbs"

Are these rpms really patched ones with exiscan?
Can anyone help please?

wd4u said:
[root@p4ser SPECS]# rpmbuild -bb exim.spec
-bash: rpmbuild: command not found

this error :S pls help

Have RedHat (Fedora eg)?

commandline #apt-get install rpm-build

Don't have RedHat, sorry, dunno if there's anything to do about it. Building or rebuilding RPM's is RedHat specific.

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

We've compiled it with:

WITH_CONTENT_SCAN=yes

We didn't compile it with:

WITH_OLD_DEMIME=yes

as it's depreciated:If you need demime, then get the src.rpm (http://files.directadmin.com/services/da_exim-4.51-1.src.rpm), and run:
Code:
rpm -ivh da_exim-4.51-1.src.rpm
cd /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

then add:
WITH_OLD_DEMIME=yes

to the top of da_exim-Makefile.
Once added, type:
Code:
cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
rpmbuild -bb exim.spec
cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386
and then install the rpm from that directory. ;)

John

I don't quite understand the last step, which rpm to install. If so how do I install it?

Please advise thanks

If you look in the inside of the .usr/src/redhat/i386 directory there will be a rpm of the lastest version you have just built:

If it is the latest version of exim it will be:

da_exim-4.60-1.i386.rpm

Install that.

Jon

jjma said:
If you look in the inside of the .usr/src/redhat/i386 directory there will be a rpm of the lastest version you have just built:

If it is the latest version of exim it will be:

da_exim-4.60-1.i386.rpm

Install that.

Jon
Plus I think he needs to know how to intall rpm files.

Try using the command 'rpm -ivh rpmfilename' to install an rpm file named rpmfilename. I suggest reading the rpm man page to give you a better idea what those switches mean.

not working

as it's depreciated:If you need demime, then get the src.rpm (http://files.directadmin.com/services/da_exim-4.51-1.src.rpm), and run:
Code:
rpm -ivh da_exim-4.51-1.src.rpm
cd /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

then add:
WITH_OLD_DEMIME=yes

to the top of da_exim-Makefile.
Once added, type:
Code:
cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
rpmbuild -bb exim.spec
cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386
and then install the rpm from that directory. ;)

John

Hi,

I tried downloading the freebsd version of exim to do this from http://files.directadmin.com/services/freebsd7.0/da_exim-4.69-2.tgz however there is no makefile. Please help.

thanks
barry

howto

is there a howto?

If not or even if so, If I break it, whats the quickest way to rollback, can I use the binary in the URl i posted above?

umm

Errm

Code:
2008-04-07 22:22:41 1JioUr-000CUI-2a <= [email protected] H=mx5.orcon.net.nz [219.88.242.55] P=esmtps X=TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256 S=1533 [email protected] T="test" from <[email protected]> for [email protected]
2008-04-07 22:22:41 1JioUr-000CUI-2a unable to set gid=6 or uid=1045 (euid=12): local delivery to dannii <[email protected]> transport=virtual_localdelivery
2008-04-07 22:22:41 1JioUr-000CUI-2a failed to read delivery status for [email protected] from delivery subprocess
2008-04-07 22:22:41 1JioUr-000CUI-2a appendfile transport process returned non-zero status 0x0100: exit code 1
2008-04-07 22:22:41 1JioUr-000CUI-2a == [email protected] R=virtual_user T=virtual_localdelivery defer (-1)
2008-04-07 22:22:41 1JioUr-000CUI-2a Frozen

Mail is being frozen, any idea?

I restarted exim. Updated /usr/sbin/exim-ver to the new exim. Anything else?

If it's having problems setting the UID, make sure /usr/sbin/exim is chmod to 4755.
Code:
chmod 4755 /usr/sbin/exim
John

Back