Plugin does not exist for the specified User Level

Hondo

Verified User
Forgive me if at any point this doesn't make sense, as I'm up at 2:40AM posting this after a grueling troubleshooting session.

I created a plugin for DA, which starts and stops a chat server. I installed the plugin and activated it. The plugin is meant to be used only at the User level.
I logged in to one of my User accounts and I see the link for the plugin, but when I click the link I get a message on the next page which reads:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Unable to execute your request

Details

That plugin does not exist for the specified User Level
---------------------------------------------------------------

I SSH'd into the server and check my directory permissions which are as they should be diradmin:diradmin and 755.

I followed the hello_world plugin example; the only difference is that I omitted the admin and reseller folders as they were not needed.

Does anyone have an idea?

UPDATE: 03.20.2009

Never stay up late troubleshooting because chances are, you'll miss the obvious. The issue was resolved by renaming the .../user/index.php to index.html.

Not to mention a couple minor issues with the install.sh.

The plugin works, but not 100% as there is an issue with and AJAX script, which I will post on another post.

Last edited:
old thread but can anyone shed some input on what this means?
Ive tried admin level and other reseller/user levels

Plugin does not exist for the specified User Level

Hi Alex
Im playing with the Easy Site Install plugin and was thinking to make a custom set of apps that could be installed as seen with this post
http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=5438
it installed correctly and activated ok, but at any user level Im getting that error
so is it a permissions problem? a php problem? or not working due to DA updates and the code is old
If I couldnt figure it out with search, I was going to ask if you could take a peak at it and see if you saw what the trouble was.
Im just going to use for a small set of scripts and was dreaming about changing it to fetch from the repository opposed to having the scripts on board and them being some older version

Alex
I compared your plugin.conf with this plugin.config and I saw an extra line
user_run_as=diradmin
so I added it to the easy site install plugin.conf file and now it works,
but now I have to change the language to English and not Thai and try that

wanted to add that even installed and appears to be working, any install attempt will load up the server and I had to kill before it would settle down :(
So Im thinking its not a very worthwhile plugin unless it was re done

Last edited:
yes but sad to say, looks like I will have to scrap it :(
I should post over in the 3rd party and let people know that if installed, and even if I remove all but 1 package, clicking on plugin manager will take almost 20 seconds to get there opposed to 2 seconds, and finally the worst of all , it loads up the server trying to run and install the application of WordPress and wont finish, even if left for 10 minutes and I have to kill that process to settle out the server. Too bad, I was really hoping for a simple script installer for the most used:(

Back