XSL package

--with --enable

Is there an easy how-to process somewhere, using the custombuild? And is there a comprehensive list of --with-* and --enable-* ?

php-common and php-xml

How would you install php-common and php-xml the DA way?

I think I may have even seen Jeff recommending rpm's or something.
I may have; I've never said I was perfect.

However it's unlikely I recommended installing anything php-related using RPMs, since I use the same yum exclude settings as everyone else and I don't install RPMs manually. I've used YUM to install RPMs that are not hosting-stack related, and I may have recommended that.

Jeff

php-common and php-xml the DA way

How would you install php-common and php-xml the DA way then?

I don't see where the source is for installation. I only see rpms online.

See my response in your other post, as to why you only see references to RPMs. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you with specific files you need.

Jeff

I am happy to report that all of my issues have been fixed, WITHOUT having to backup and reinstall!! Please see the other thread, where I am posting the chat that I had with smtalk!

The only reason I suggested reinstalling is because you had already refused help from smtalk. Getting smtalk to help you would have been my first suggestion but again you had already refused it. So I did my best to help you and then suggested reinstalling.

Actually reinstalling would have been a lot faster. It took two days for you to get this sorted out and to reinstall would have taken about 2 hours.

Reinstalling may not have fixed this particular problem but with all the rpm's you installed and uninstalled and all the other stuff you tried to do I certainly would not trust your system 100% at this point. I believe you are likely to have other problems down the road because of what you did here at this point.

Believe me I have been in your position in the past. I have been so desperate to get something working that I tried anything and everything. And I still do it now. And when I have done a bunch of things like you have done I do backup and reinstall. Actually I always have a spare server to simply move people to when needed that way there is very little down time.

I did not tell you to do anything that I have not done or willing to do myself. These were not blind suggestions and never are.

Back